John Cleese

We all know that John Cleese needs to give £600,000 annually for the next seven years to his ex-wife, as well as already having handed her 8 million, and now he's doing things to earn that (he played Dreyfuss in Pink Panther 2, did the GOLD documentary on Fawlty Towers, the AA advert he's in is still showing, and he's now on his first-ever stand-up tour).

I had heard he was working on a film script called Taxing Times with his daughter, but I haven't heard anything else about that. Also, he was working on a stage version of A Fish Called Wanda, but couldn't figure out an alternative, stage-friendly last act in place of the filmed airport one.

What do you think he should do next?

I'm a Celeb?

I know people who would solve his maintenance problem overnight for a relatively minuscule fee.

Get in touch John, if you read this.

I'd like to see him do something because of the script rather than the paycheck. He's squandering his talent.

We all know that John Cleese needs to give £600,000 annually for the next seven years to his ex-wife

He needn't bother paying that. No one's gonna put John Cleese in prison.

Quote: Dave @ November 29 2010, 11:01 PM GMT

What do you think he should do next?

Give an interview to the BCG. For free. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ November 29 2010, 11:57 PM GMT

John Cleese in prison.

That, I'd like to see.

The best sketch ever is Rowan interviewing John (who's a bee keeper) makes me laugh so hard every time!!!

Write a new sitcom. (Not Fawlty Towers - something new.)

Quote: samcheese @ November 30 2010, 10:07 PM GMT

Write a new sitcom. (Not Fawlty Towers - something new.)

You say that, but if Cleese is doing stuff, purely for the cash - Fawlty Towers 3 would be a guaranteed money-spinner.

Especially if he had his own pro-co involved.

Some new Python material. It's long overdue. They always say they get on really well when they meet up.

Surely Michael Palin can stop travelling around the world for 5 minutes and Eric Idle can put making millions on Python stage plays on hold and Terry Jones can put his impregnating girls in their 20s on hiatus and Gilliam can take a little break from making those quirky films that Hollywood audiences don't get.

Come on Mr. Cleese team up with your old mates for one last hurrah.

I'm afraid to say that whenever Palin does any Pythonesque material on DVD extras or whatever they are usually largely embarrassing. Exit stage left with dignity. Write something by all means but I get more a buzz by unexpected cameos so I can go, "Waheey, it's Cleese!"

I'd like to see him playing himself in a comedy. Possibly touring restaurants in the North East. With Michael Palin.

Quoting old Monty Python sketches at each other.

I'd actually quite enjoy that. :$