The Trip - Series 1 Page 6

I'm addicted to food shows, I love Coogan and I find Brydon is innately funny. This show checks all my boxes. It's great.

Bo.

A strange concept. A bit self-indulgent. Whilst some of the exchanges are funny, I find myself asking myself at the end of the show, what's the actual purpose of it?

Quote: Aldeem @ November 9 2010, 10:24 AM GMT

what's the actual purpose of it?

To entertain; works for me at least.

That Stottt knows his onions I tells ya!

A strange concept. A bit self-indulgent. Whilst some of the exchanges are funny, I find myself asking myself at the end of the show, what's the actual purpose of it?

Maybe it's about ageing and disappointment? I thought last night's exchanges on their faces were very telling about growing older. And the Coogan story seems to be about him not being where he wants to be in life. Both universal themes.

And that Chip!

Second episode was a step in the right direction. It intrigues where it's going next. It's not roll about on the floor funny, but it's entertaining in an odd way.

To act as a showreel for Coogan and Bryon to get more acting work in TV and Hollywood?

Well done on them to get the BBC to pay for it, good job, normally getting a showreel produced costs you money...

Yes that would be the purpose. God I feel such a fool now for liking it.

If I remember rightly, the show was the directors idea, who then talked the pair into it.

Anyway, I like it.

There is a lot of self-indulgence in it but I've liked it so far. Not as much this episode. It seems to be a bit of plot at the beginning, banter for the most part and a bit of dramatic plot stuck on the end. If you didn't particularly like Coogan or Brydon you won't like it. But I do, so I can stick with it.

Post Marion & Geoff I never really "got" Rob Brydon. But since WILTY and other guest panel shows I've really warmed to him. I think he's great in this, out performing Steve, dare I say it.

Quote: Leevil @ November 9 2010, 3:06 PM GMT

I think he's great in this, out performing Steve, dare I say it.

Good point, but I wonder if that is the plan. Steve's the one struggling to make it global while Brydon is comfortable having made it big in the UK.

Quote: zooo @ November 8 2010, 11:35 PM GMT

Presumably that snot bit is from a Ray Winstone film I haven't seen.

It was from Snot, the sequel to Scum, and the prequel to Dribble in Winstone's famous 'Fluids' trilogy.

:D