The Trip - Series 1 Page 4

Worked for me.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 2 2010, 8:37 PM GMT

ROB: I don't understand why you have this aversion to doing things that make people laugh.

ALAN: I just find it tiresome.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Someone noticed.

Quote: Martyn Jay @ November 2 2010, 6:23 PM GMT

I found it enjoyable to watch something that has a slower than normal pace. Quite refreshing.

You must've loved watching Gareth Barry at the World Cup then...

The first ten minutes, I agree was slow, perhaps I don't expect laugh out loud moments all the time now as "this is 2010 - it's all been done before". The Michael Caine banter was more than enough to make me tune in for more. That and the fact I love Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan, I'm happy to just watch them eat.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 3 2010, 10:03 AM GMT

You must've loved watching Gareth Barry at the World Cup then...

Laughing out loud

Relaxed into this very easily.

Enjoyed.

Coogan looked a mess in this, with his old clothes and unkempt hair.

If seen on the street, I'd probably offer him pocket shrapnel for lodgings.

I'm quite surprsied how much I'm enjoying this considering I've never really warmed to Coogan or Brydon.

I love their comedy, but have found it hard to like them as people, but this show is marvelous. I loved the exchanges at the dinner table, very funny!

I enjoyed this. :) I liked the disdain Coogan had for Brydon - something we share...

Really enjoyed the second episode. Even found myself feeling vaguely sorry for Coogan the tortoise being trampled by all the hares.

Even though all the food was rubbish, it did make me hungry.

Lovely stuff, basically the same as the first episode, but better.

Didn't Alan Partridge sing that Kate Bush song too?

Oh, and Ben Stiller popped up! I read that they're making a new series together for HBO.