- 21st December: Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon plan The Trip To Greece
- 2010 - 2017
- Sky Atlantic, BBC Two
- 18 (3 series)
- Steve Coogan, Rob Brydon, Rebecca Johnson and Margo Stilley
- Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon
- Michael Winterbottom
- Andrew Eaton, Melissa Parmenter, Stefano Negri, Josh Hyams, Henry Normal, Simon Lupton, Gregor Sharp and Jon Mountague
When Steve is commissioned by the food supplement of a Sunday newspaper to review half a dozen restaurants, he decides to mix work with pleasure and plans a trip around the north with his food-loving American girlfriend. But when she decides to leave him and return to the States, Steve is faced with a week of meals for one; not quite the trip he had in mind.
Having exhausted all other options, he reluctantly calls Rob, the only person left he can think of who might be available. Never one to turn down a free lunch (let alone six), Rob agrees and together they set off for a culinary adventure.
Over the course of six meals at six different restaurants in and around the Lake District, Lancashire and the Yorkshire Dales, the ultimate odd couple find themselves debating the big questions of life, such as how did I get to be here and where do I go next, over a series of culinary delights.
Series 2 - The Trip To Italy: This time the pair head abroad. They visit restaurants in Piemonte, Liguria, Tuscany, Rome, Amalfi and Capri.
Series 3 - The Trip To Spain: This series is coming to Sky Atlantic in April. Just as Don Quixote undertook three journeys, Steve and Rob set off on a third jaunt of their own, this time travelling over 1,000 miles down the entire length of Spain. Following in the footsteps of poet and novelist Laurie Lee, Steve and Rob's semi-fictional alter egos hit the road in search of culture, history, breathtaking vistas and, of course, some of the finest food in Europe.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- The Trip To Italy (Series 2)
- The Trip To Spain (Series 3)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Monday 1st November 2010 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 11th May 2017 on Sky Atlantic at 10pm
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 17th October 2018 at 9:00pm