Sherlock Page 91

It was mainly full of sound and fury signifying nothing very much. But then I did read Conan Doyle so am a bit biased maybe.

Quote: Marc P @ 8th January 2014, 12:38 PM GMT

It was mainly full of sound and fury signifying nothing very much. But then I did read Conan Doyle so am a bit biased maybe.

You must have hated the Harry Potter movies.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th January 2014, 12:37 PM GMT

Totally disagree. It was great to start with. You am a fool head. ;)

Let's see Coupling - Friend's rip off
Doctor Who - Doctor Who rip off
Sherlock - Sherlock Holmes rip off

Yes, he is unbelievably original.

The Adventures of TinTin - The Adventures of TinTin rip off
Jekyll - The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde rip off
Chalk - Please, Sir rip off

The mans originality is beginningless!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th January 2014, 12:42 PM GMT

The mans originality is beginningless!

:D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th January 2014, 12:37 PM GMT

Let's see Coupling - Friend's rip off
Doctor Who - Doctor Who rip off
Sherlock - Sherlock Holmes rip off

Yes, he is unbelievably original.

:P

Now I never said original, but he's obviously able to write entertaining shows. He's done so with scripts for all three of the ones mentioned above at different points. Even if you hate his Who now, for example, he's written several classics for it in the past.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th January 2014, 12:57 PM GMT

:P

Now I never said original, but he's obviously able to write entertaining shows. He's done so with scripts for all three of the ones mentioned above at different points. Even if you hate his Who now, for example, he's written several classics for it in the past.

You may call them Classic, I couldn't possibly comment!
But his "classics" were written when he wasn't showrunner!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th January 2014, 1:04 PM GMT

But his "classics" were written when he wasn't showrunner!

Well that's besides the point; though I disagree anyway. Alhough he hasn't kept the (for me) 100% Who record he had before taking over, he's still written some stand out eps since becoming showrunner.

Anyway, Sherlock!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th January 2014, 1:07 PM GMT

Well that's besides the point; though I disagree anyway. Alhough he hasn't kept the (for me) 100% Who record he had before taking over, he's still written some stand out eps since becoming showrunner.

Anyway, Sherlock!

Such as?

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th January 2014, 1:20 PM GMT

Such as?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/434/1055#P1046022

I really liked Sherlock, must see viewing in our house. I liked the updated feel, the snazzy way it was shot, the stories and particularly the casting.

But I do feel these last two episodes don't really feel like they belong to the previous ones.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th January 2014, 12:57 PM GMT

He's done so with scripts for all three of the ones mentioned above at different points.

As a thieving hack no-talent, the only time he's come a cropper is when he's ignored the source material and put his own vainglorious children's show bollox in the mix.

For me, his brilliance is dependent on how much he steals from other authors, the more he steals, the better he is. There is a lovely message to send to all the wannabe writers out there.

I coined the phrase 'talent borrows genius steals'!

Quote: playfull @ 8th January 2014, 2:18 PM GMT

I really liked Sherlock, must see viewing in our house. I liked the updated feel, the snazzy way it was shot, the stories and particularly the casting.

But I do feel these last two episodes don't really feel like they belong to the previous ones.

One problem with Sherlock is that the show uses ideas from too many stories and tries to put in in 90 minutes. With Doctor Who its the opposite - not enough idea and plot in 45 minutes. Its not just Moffat. I was thoroughly bored with the last 4 Poirot adaptations. Again, not enough ideas and plot for a 2 hour (itv) production.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th January 2014, 11:14 PM GMT

With Doctor Who its the opposite - not enough idea and plot in 45 minutes. Its not just Moffat. I was thoroughly bored with the last 4 Poirot adaptations. Again, not enough ideas and plot for a 2 hour (itv) production.

I blame Peter Jackson and his Hobbit fetish for all this overly long, nothing happening bullcrap.

Quote: Marc P @ 8th January 2014, 10:50 PM GMT

I coined the phrase 'talent borrows genius steals'!

:)