Sherlock Page 94

In terms of Sherlock finale's, that probably sits in the middle; better than series one, but not as thrilling as last series.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 12th January 2014, 10:10 PM GMT

By far the best episode of the series

I think we can all agree on that considering what came before. It all got a bit James Bondy including the media tycoon as villain storyline.

Mixed feelings about the return of Moriarty - on the one hand, Andrew Scott is a fantastic actor and his scenes with Sherlock in the 2nd series were spectacular and on the other...does nobody ever die (like for realz) in a Moffat story? Yet again, the befroed one is destroying any semblance of rules or consequences in his universe, meaning there is no stake or threats regarding any of the character's actions.

Overall there were quite a few enjoyable bits - Mycroft's threats to the Empty Hearse fans, Sherlock shagging that bird to get to CAM, CAM flicking Watson in the face, comedy heroin addict and professional 'cock-er-nee' stereotype Billy and Sherlock and Mycroft smoking a cigarette - I can't remember the last time a 'hero' got to have a cigarette on screen.

Was disappointed that Holmes solved the mystery by shooting someone in the face instead of pulling some wondrous and ingenious trick out of his hat.

Gave up after 15 minutes, did I miss much

It's just after the 5th someone said Charles Augustus Magnusson I was convinced I was watching the Naked Gun.

Thought it was the best episode of the series as well. Didn't have the wit or ingenuity of the best episodes from series 1 or 2, but still a good watch.

I previously said that I thought Mary was just going to be a stock victim, but they threw me a curveball there.

Quote: sootyj @ 12th January 2014, 10:38 PM GMT

Gave up after 15 minutes, did I miss much

Well if you couldn't make it through yourself we're not telling.

How can I go through my self if I'm trying to get over my self

So Sherlock is just going to shoot all the villains now?

Quote: playfull @ 12th January 2014, 11:42 PM GMT

What was even weirder is that they established that Magnusson had very strict security - his bodyguards searched Sherlock and Watson and found weapons on John when they first met. Then there was all the intricate security in Magnusson's penthouse, which was subsequently breached with CAM nearly being shot by Mary.

Why this security was non existent at the end of the story and Watson was allowed to walk around with a pistol in his coat pocket is a mystery in and of itself.

Quote: playfull @ 12th January 2014, 11:42 PM GMT

Very shortsighted of him - guns seem to be pretty ineffective in this universe. If I were him, I would find another method.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th January 2014, 11:54 PM GMT

What was even weirder is that they established that Magnusson had very strict security - his bodyguards searched Sherlock and Watson and found weapons on John when they first met. Then there was all the intricate security in Magnusson's penthouse, which was subsequently breached with CAM nearly being shot by Mary.

Why this security was non existent at the end of the story and Watson was allowed to walk around with a pistol in his coat pocket is a mystery in and of itself.

Maybe Magnusson is not dead? Sherlock only shot him in a part of his face that just smarts a bit...

Trying again, dull, silly, I'm just watching it so I can hate it more.

Sherlock never fired his pistol in all the books.

Quote: playfull @ 12th January 2014, 11:59 PM GMT

Maybe Magnusson is not dead?

It was written by a man with a history of that sort of thing.

Like I said Muff-it could write Schindlers List and all the Jews would survive.

Quote: sootyj @ 13th January 2014, 12:02 AM GMT

Like I said Muff-it could write Schindlers List and all the Jews would survive.

Laughing out loud

That was so rubbish its unrecyclable.

Oh Lord what drivel, 2 half hearted mysteries that weren't mysteries.

Tension that wasn't tense and the kind of ridiculous tricksy, tropes you'd expect from a Nigerian horror movie about witchcraft.