Sherlock Page 90

Okay, you heard it here first, the Renegade Carpark prediction on who is gonna snuff it in the last episode.

The Dead Pool says: LeStrade.

The running gag about Sherlock getting his first name wrong is the key. At some point, LeStrade will bump into Sherlock who will call him by his correct first name. LeStrade will reply:

'Blimey, you called me Greg'

And then whack-a-boom! Greg's dead baby. Possible cliff hanger, it looks like Sherlock has murdered LeStrade.

Prediction over, returning control of this body to user.

I'm a little unsure about Watson's wife being given such a large role in the series. Seems like it's being setup for her to be kidnapped at some point.

Was his wife in the original stories? Was he even married?!

Quote: Ben @ 7th January 2014, 11:02 PM GMT

Was his wife in the original stories? Was he even married?!

Yep, he was married and she died. Apparently in the books she died 'off screen' and it wasn't a big deal. They didn't too much of the 'feels' back in Victorian times, everybody used to die of something horrible all the time.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 11:03 PM GMT

Yep, he was married and she died. Apparently in the books she died 'off screen' and it wasn't a big deal. They didn't too much of the 'feels' back in Victorian times, everybody used to die of something horrible all the time.

Syphilis was a particularly nasty death. God bless antibiotics.

Quote: Ben @ 7th January 2014, 11:04 PM GMT

Syphilis was a particularly nasty death. God bless antibiotics.

I'm not a religious man, but will join you with the God bless on this one.

Pretty sure it will be the wife, otherwise there would have been little point in making her pregnant.
The equivalent of the GI getting out the picture of his sweetheart seconds before he's shot through the head.

On a separate note, Alibi are showing them from S1Ep1 - watched the opener last night.
The difference is truly shocking.
They managed to weave in the beginning of the relationship - quite a lot of heavy lifting for the writers - but yet still have a truly tense plot running through the whole thing ie it mainly felt like you were watching a detective story rather than a human drama.

As an experiment I'm going to show the old ones to my girls (15) who've only seen the latest two - which they enjoyed.
Be interesting to see which they prefer.
My prediction is they'll go for the latest ones 'cos they're 'funnier'.

They think Merlin's great too.

This is Moffatt he could write a drama about the Rwandan genocide where nobody dies.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th January 2014, 9:33 AM GMT

On a separate note, Alibi are showing them from S1Ep1 - watched the opener last night.
The difference is truly shocking.
They managed to weave in the beginning of the relationship - quite a lot of heavy lifting for the writers - but yet still have a truly tense plot running through the whole thing ie it mainly felt like you were watching a detective story rather than a human drama.

Written by Moffat that one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th January 2014, 9:53 AM GMT

Written by Moffat that one.

I know.
If new writers had taken over, the programmes decline would have been much easier to explain.
I think he just tends to rather fall in love with his sub-plots - eg 'Pondlife' in Doctor Who - at the expense of the genre itself.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th January 2014, 10:01 AM GMT

I know.

Just pointing it out for those who like to constantly bang the Moffat-is-shit-gong! :P

It weren't that great to start with.

Quote: Marc P @ 8th January 2014, 10:18 AM GMT

Yeah - but what is great?
:(
I'll settle for highly enjoyable and not annoying.
Which I think the earlier eps were.

Just started watching Breaking Bad. Great! :)

Rathbone as Sherlock was great too.

Quote: Marc P @ 8th January 2014, 11:10 AM GMT

Just started watching Breaking Bad. Great! :)

Rathbone as Sherlock was great too.

I was thinking UK stuff - but you're right about Breaking Bad.
I rather liked Jeremy Brett.
Now that was camp.

Quote: Marc P @ 8th January 2014, 10:18 AM GMT

Totally disagree. It was great to start with. You am a fool head. ;)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th January 2014, 10:03 AM GMT

Just pointing it out for those who like to constantly bang the Moffat-is-shit-gong! :P

Let's see Coupling - Friend's rip off
Doctor Who - Doctor Who rip off
Sherlock - Sherlock Holmes rip off

Yes, he is unbelievably original.