Doctor Who... Page 1,055

According to Moffat, this years series, and the one after that, will not be split into two chunks like the last two series have been. Good.

V good.

Quote: zooo @ 7th January 2014, 1:31 PM GMT

I wonder who Capaldi's Doctor was. Presumably Tom Baker. Or is he even older than I think? Maybe he's more from the second Doctor's era.

He wrote a letter to Radio Times in 1973 praising their 10th anniversary special, so that plonks him firmly in Pertwee era, as he was 'age 15' then he probably watched most/all of Troughton and maybe some Hartnell before that as well.

If you haven't seen the letter, don't worry, RT have already reprinted it three times and it will likely keep cropping up in every single issue that mentions Doctor Who between now and Capaldi's exit...

Ha! And yet I have still managed never to see that. Despite getting the Radio Times every week. D'oh.

I love the recent Doctor WHo?? question in the eps. It's a really clever thing. WHy has no one done this before??

Quote: Marc P @ 10th January 2014, 10:43 PM GMT

I love the recent Doctor WHo?? question in the eps. It's a really clever thing. WHy has no one done this before??

Cause we don't need to know. Thats the mystery!!!

They've given the answer as far back as the first Master episode,
his name is the Dr.

Timelords choose their own names, and as John Simm said

You became the Doctor, the man who makes things better.

Quote: sootyj @ 11th January 2014, 9:27 AM GMT

his name is the Dr

Terror of the Autons?

Apologies first New Who Master episode.

Quote: sootyj @ 11th January 2014, 9:27 AM GMT

his name is the Dr.

Timelords choose their own names, and as John Simm said

You became the Doctor, the man who makes things better.

He does have another name as well. But the whole 'Dr Who?' question has never been about what his real name is. (It's Jeff)

Does he, I suppose he has the old name before he chose The Dr.

Not keen on Capaldi's choice of outfit:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-8-filming-capaldi-in-action-57881.htm

:D

Looks a bit Tim Westwood in a tracksuit in the first one.

Blistering barnacles. He has a stunt double on a stunt horse. Would Pertwee have used a stunt horse?