Doctor Who... Page 1,054

Aww, thanks! :$

Do you make them yourself? I love the little stegosaurus (I think it is, anyway) necklace. Haven't got my card nearby at the moment, but expect an order in next couple of days.

Should keep things on topic. So, Doctor Who.

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 11:06 PM GMT

Doctor Whosaurus.

:D

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 11:06 PM GMT

Do you make them yourself? I love the little stegosaurus (I think it is, anyway) necklace. Haven't got my card nearby at the moment, but expect an order in next couple of days.

I do. Except the shapes cut out of acrylic as the machine is too scary.

*reaches for something on topic*
There were dinosaurs on Doctor Who once!

Impressive - you are very clever and talented. Like Doctor Who. Or Steven Moffat.

I didn't think you could go off topic in General threads anyway?

Not officially.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th January 2014, 1:20 PM GMT

Such as?

Eleventh Hour, Beast Below (I liked it!), Angels 2 parter, Pandorica Opens/Big Bang, A Christmas Carol, The Snowmen, Day of The Doctor, Impossible Astronaut, Lets Kill Hitler, Name Of The Doctor, Night Of The Doctor.

There's a bunch from good to great; I'm sure you agree!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th January 2014, 2:02 PM GMT

Eleventh Hour, Beast Below (I liked it!), Angels 2 parter, Pandorica Opens/Big Bang, A Christmas Carol, The Snowmen, Day of The Doctor, Impossible Astronaut, Lets Kill Hitler, Name Of The Doctor, Night Of The Doctor.

There's a bunch from good to great; I'm sure you agree!

There are some real stinkers in there.

Without going into too much details (as memory fails with some of them).

Pandorica Opens/Big Bang was a clunker. I thought there were time laws were you weren't allowed to touch a younger/older version of oneself. And locking the Doctor in a box, and turning out to be Amy??? WTF?

The terrible character that is River Song! The Doctor in love???

Lets Kill Hitler, the only DW story with the words Lets, kill and Hitler? Pathetic. They didn't even kill Hitler. Same with Name of the Doctor - set us up to know his name, and never revealed.

Night of the Doctor? Paul McGann - brilliant. But, a complete waste. If they were going to have a War Doctor, why not him? (he has only appeared in ONE TV story) OR, cast him in Day of the Doctor, and have an old fashioned romp!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th January 2014, 7:06 PM GMT

I thought there were time laws were you weren't allowed to touch a younger/older version of oneself.

Well most 'rules of time travel' are nothing but mere hypothesis. I'm fairly sure, therefore, that a TV show can bend them. Unless, of course, you're referring to some laws laid down in the Dr Who universe that I'm not aware of.

Quote: Ben @ 8th January 2014, 7:56 PM GMT

Well most 'rules of time travel' are nothing but mere hypothesis. I'm fairly sure, therefore, that a TV show can bend them. Unless, of course, you're referring to some laws laid down in the Dr Who universe that I'm not aware of.

Which supposed 'rules' or continuity that the show has set up over the years hasn't been changed or ignored at some point? Always has done will do continue to happen.

Quote: Ben @ 8th January 2014, 7:56 PM GMT

The one produced by RTD, set in a church, were Older Rose is told NOT to touch baby Rose - and does!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th January 2014, 8:48 PM GMT

The one produced by RTD, set in a church, were Older Rose is told NOT to touch baby Rose - and does!

Oh that one. I'd forgotten about that. It's an RTD one I didn't mind.

Quote: zooo @ 7th January 2014, 11:21 PM GMT

I do. Except the shapes cut out of acrylic as the machine is too scary.

*reaches for something on topic*
There were dinosaurs on Doctor Who once!

More than once. And the drashigs don't count.