Doctor Who... Page 1,057

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 17th January 2014, 7:11 PM GMT

That's amazing.

"There are no plot holes, you're just too stupid to follow my brilliance."

I read that completely differently - I thought Moffat was saying, 'I chuck in loads of made up, nonsensical crap and expect the Internet nerds to figure out why something happened or what the hell is going on - usually quoting some bit of Gallifreyan bullshit once said on an episode in 1973. Because, you know, f**k them Whovian c**ts'.

That's probably what he's really thinking. But he seems to imply there is some actual hole-free plot that he's secretly come up with with this line:

"Sometimes you expect the audience to put two and two together for themselves."

Although he could mean they put two and two together and get 47.

Who will replace Moffat?

http://io9.com/whos-going-to-replace-steven-moffat-as-doctor-who-show-1503277846?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_twitter&utm_source=io9_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Their top choice there seems like a good bet, though I've not cared much for most of his Who episodes. Mainly middling stuff. God Complex was pretty good.

I think a lot of people expect it to be Gatiss, but I don't think he'd want to take the whole thing on, but rather carry on writing the odd episode here and there.

Sad to say this. It needs resting. Or get some creatives working on it

Quote: Marc P @ 17th January 2014, 10:57 PM GMT

Sad to say this. It needs resting. Or get some creatives working on it

Resting? Nah, you may not like it as is at the moment, but it's never been bigger, no way would or should it be put on pause yet. In a year or so, someone else will be in charge if you don't like Moffat. (Nice Moffat slap with the 'get some creatives' remark by the way! )

No that Wasn't a slap. I meant the main drive of the show I don't mind it at the moment see what happens next I guess. But I can tell you this show runner experiment is seriously not good.

Why don't you throw your hat in the ring Stott

Quote: sootyj @ 17th January 2014, 11:13 PM GMT

Why don't you throw your hat in the ring Stott

I'm already up for being the next companion, I wouldn't have time for both.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 17th January 2014, 11:16 PM GMT

:D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 17th January 2014, 11:16 PM GMT

Excellent I'm up for a Dalek, we'll meet on set.

I think Moffat has, for all his brilliance, shown that a sole showrunner for Who other than RTD is a pretty bad idea, so why not split the role? I'd like to see a Mark Gatiss/Gareth Roberts co-helmed era meself!

They don't need a new showrunner
When Moffat leaves we're all intelligent enough to fill in the gaps

ooh good diss sire.

Sally Wainwright please. God knows what she'd do with sci-fi, but I'd be interested to find out.

Quote: radiat10n @ 17th January 2014, 11:32 PM GMT

I think Moffat has, for all his brilliance, shown that a sole showrunner for Who other than RTD is a pretty bad idea,

There was plenty of crap in the RTD era.

Quote: zooo @ 17th January 2014, 11:53 PM GMT

Sally Wainwright please. God knows what she'd do with sci-fi, but I'd be interested to find out.

I imagine whoever it is will have written for the show at least once before Moffat leaves, so she better get in quick!

Actually, one returning name springs to mind, Phil Ford. He wrote Waters Of Mars, and is only now coming back for the second Capaldi episode. Between those two he co-ran Sarah Jane and the Wizards Vs. Aliens; perhaps his return now is to get him bedded in with the show again.