Mongrels - Series 1 Page 5

I haven't seen it. The puppet thing put me off. Maybe I'll give it a look.

Quote: Bomsh @ July 14 2010, 2:03 PM BST

I'm not saying you're not right, but I do find it hard to understand how someone could experience it as slow.

Heh, I don't know how to explain it. It just feels like an hour-long show somehow. Each scene seems to go on for longer than I want it to.
And that does sound like I hate it, but I don't at all.

I found it very hard to engage with the characters, which is why I ultimately stopped watching. Whether it's because they're puppets, or because of the writing, I don't know. But this did make it seem to drag at times and had me fiddling with my remote.

Quote: chipolata @ July 14 2010, 2:14 PM BST

I found it very hard to engage with the characters, which is why I ultimately stopped watching. Whether it's because they're puppets, or because of the writing, I don't know. But this did make it seem to drag at times and had me fiddling with my remote.

This.

Quote: Bomsh @ July 14 2010, 1:35 PM BST

Bit confused about the writers. On the series credits it's co-developed and co-written but Job Brown seems to have had every episode except the first co-written one (and if you look at his back catalogue you've got to forgive a bit, but hey).

Have a look at our credits. E.g. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/mongrels/episodes/1/3/

Quote: Aaron @ July 14 2010, 2:30 PM BST

Have a look at our credits. E.g. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/mongrels/episodes/1/3/

I did, but on the screen titles Jon Brown get sole episode credit on all eps except the pilot, which is a joint credit for the two 'developers'.

Thought the lesbian pigeon thing was funny and the stroking and the white dog thing pretending to save the boy from drowing when it was that grey cat.

Still not learnt the names of them yet. Not bad, I want to hate it but can't.

Oh Boy! It's long time since I've been this junked-up on a comedy show.

I've on-demanded every ep so far for every missed nuance but it just isn't satisfying the craving.

If I don't see anything as funny as Basil Brush: Holocaust denier before next Tuesday, I think I might hurt someone.

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2010, 2:08 PM BST

Heh, I don't know how to explain it. It just feels like an hour-long show somehow. Each scene seems to go on for longer than I want it to.

I know what you mean, I actually had to check the TV listings to confirm it wasn't an hour.
30 minutes does seem like a long time when watching puppets.

I've just learned that the DVD of Mongrels will include the unbroadcast pilot in the extras. Should be interesting to watch.

Very funny this week. Some truly great gags.

I like it...the cry of "bobby Sands!" made me snigger.

I really liked the nut and squirrel. Also like the song this week. Nelson does Meatloaf better than Meatloaf.

A real guilty pleasure this.

Love it love it love it.

Funniest thing on TV the last six weeks. I miss it already.

The flea holocaust at the end was inspired.