Mongrels - Series 1 Page 2

I sat through it to the end and thought it was ok in parts. The voices did not really match some of the animals so they fell a bit flat, but that is just personal opinoin.
I prefer "creature comforts", but maybe that's just my age.

"Seriously, most people have to fly a plane into a building before they are surrounded by this many virgins" Laughing out loud

I loathe most BBC3 comedy but I laughed out-loud at this several times. But then I liked 'Pets'.

Just watched this on iPlayer, laughed to the point of drawing attention to myself. :) This is going in the Planner. BBC3 comes good -at last!

I enjoyed it on the whole. Some of the cutaways didn't work for me (namely the Only Fools And Horses ones), but I enjoyed it. I can't quite get the "**** Chickens" song out of my head.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 23 2010, 6:01 PM BST

Some of the cutaways didn't work for me (namely the Only Fools And Horses ones)

I loved those. Very nice touch, I thought.

I'll be brutally honest. Felt like it was about 10 years out of date, nothing really brought the show into the now Jokes, References voices all felt quite dated. I did watch the clock a few times to see how long was left. But I have faith that next one will be better.

Quote: Aaron @ June 23 2010, 6:12 PM BST

I loved those. Very nice touch, I thought.

Yes. Nelson fell through the bar... and then Vince made a face.

Also, there's a question I'd like to ask: why did they bleep out all the swearing? Surely it would have been funnier to leave it in like they do in The Thick of It.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 23 2010, 7:49 PM BST

why did they bleep out all the swearing? Surely it would have been funnier to leave it in like they do in The Thick of It.

I actually think it's funnier when they are bleeped. It's kind of similar to how a picture of a woman in sexy lingerie can be sexier than the same thing fully nude. Not 100% of the time, but I think it engages your brain a bit to fill in what's missing, and that interactivity is more satisfying.

Either that or I'm completely out of my <beep>ing mind. :P

I did moderately enjoy this first episode. Let's see if the personalities can grown more in future eps.

Quote: Elfman @ June 25 2010, 6:57 PM BST

I actually think it's funnier when they are bleeped.

I agree, and also, I wouldn't be surprised if the word 'beeping' eventually becomes a swearword itself.

My feelings about the show are similar to those of everyone else. The 'vigins' gag was good, is that the first time it's been used? And yes Sootyj, it was refreshingly offensive.

I really enjoyed it, wouldn't normally be my thing, but it grew on me.

I managed about five minutes of this. Puppets. Rolling eyes

I watched 10 minutes on the iPlayer. I thought it was decent and will try and watch the rest but it seemed to go quite slowly which is never a great sign.

This is rubbish. Watched again tonight but any novelty value of puppets swearing and doing "edgy" jokes has all but gone, leaving only a pretty empty and vacuous show. I won't bother with it again.

Quote: chipolata @ June 29 2010, 11:18 PM BST

This is rubbish. Watched again tonight but any novelty value of puppets swearing and doing "edgy" jokes has all but gone, leaving only a pretty empty and vacuous show. I won't bother with it again.

I agree. I did think the song was good though.

I enjoyed it. It's not laugh-a-minute as some recent sitcoms have been, but it's funny enough and there are a fair smattering of amusing references throughout.

"You've got Muller rice!"

"But no spoons."

I love this show. I think it could go dirtier. That would be better.