The all in one Consolidatorised Cricket Thread Page 18

I like no.2 best. That list is one good reason not to ban sledging.

Oh dear India.

Don't know what good a 44 n.o. will do Bopara, tbh. Felt England could have notched up another quick 100 quite easily. Bopara must be frustrated not to be allowed to cash in like the others. Weather didn't help tho.

Strauss seems to be all tactical captain these days, thinking only of winning. He's obviously after some kind of record. England's best ever captain? Well the records may soon suggest that.

I had a comment on the BBC cricket coverage for the second time this series yesterday. I'm now thinking of starting making it a competion whereby each entry counts as a wicket and if I get 5 entries over the course of a match it counts as a century.

Good to see I'm using my time effectively. :)

I've got tickets for the Oval tomorrow. A Tendulkar century and an England victory by teatime will be what I'm asking Jesus for tonight.

Quote: Tuumble @ August 12 2011, 9:28 PM BST

1. Rod Marsh & Ian Botham: When Botham took guard in an Ashes match, Marsh welcomed him to the wicket with the immortal words: "So how's your wife & my kids?"

Beefy is alleged to have replied: "Wife's fine, the kids are retarded."

Why can't women understand that the last few overs of a cricket match are the most important.

"But you've been watching it for hours"

"Then ten more f**king minutes isn't going to matter is it?"

RIP Graham Dilley. Only 52.

RIP Tom Maynard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18492564

Poor bugger was only 23. :(

Andrew Strauss. Excellent career. Great professional. Who will open now?

Trott I hope, looks like an opener anyway, not enough flair for a number 3 but a very solid player. Hope KP gets back in too, England need him, whatever his team mates think of him. Thought there's been far too much emphasis on team togetherness and all that group hugging nonsense put me off a bit. A maverick outsider with the ability of a Botham or a KP is far more useful. Lets get back to individual talent rather than this forced team spirit tripe. Play the best players.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 29 2012, 2:39 PM BST

Trott I hope, looks like an opener anyway, not enough flair for a number 3 but a very solid player. Hope KP gets back in too, England need him, whatever his team mates think of him. Thought there's been far too much emphasis on team togetherness and all that group hugging nonsense put me off a bit. A maverick outsider with the ability of a Botham or a KP is far more useful. Lets get back to individual talent rather than this forced team spirit tripe. Play the best players.

Yes, Botham and KP's records as captain were impeccable. Errr

Wow

What a first day!

Terrible batting performance by England

Dont even know why I'm surprised...

Does anyone know any decent sites online to watch the cricket? I can't find anywhere with a really good picture.

Think England should aim for a 350 lead.

Nah

I'm happy listening to Blowers prattling on about pigeons and shiny red buses

Then watch the highlights later on 5

Think England have this first test sewn up now thanks to Bell and Broad