The all in one Consolidatorised Cricket Thread Page 20

Could we be looking at a follow on here . . . . . . ?

86 for 6 !

Very surprised

I envisaged the Aussies getting a big big total on this pitch

Shows what I know!

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 19 2013, 3:02 PM BST

Could we be looking at a follow on here . . . . . . ?

86 for 6 !

Nah, get back in there, get a 600+ lead and then sit back and demolish them.

Although they all look so distraught, I wouldn't fancy them surviving an hour or two tonight. :)

I almost want to go back to my 1990's me and show me this moment. It does get better!

God yeah

Watching the Aussies humiliate us repeatedly in the 80's and 90's was horrid

Seems like their seemingly never ending production line of brilliant players has finally ground to a halt

Helps that Shane Warne has finally buggered off of course!

Quote: lofthouse @ July 19 2013, 5:53 PM BST

Helps that Shane Warne has finally buggered off of course!

A choice between playing cricket and screwing Elizabeth Hurley?

I'll get back to you presently on that . . .

I started watching cricket in the early 90s, so it still feels weird to see England dominating the Aussies. That Australia team from the mid 90s to early 00s, though, have to be one of the all time greats.

Quote: Ben @ July 21 2013, 4:43 PM BST

I started watching cricket in the early 90s, so it still feels weird to see England dominating the Aussies. That Australia team from the mid 90s to early 00s, though, have to be one of the all time greats.

Without question. But they are suffering now because of their failure to blood youth during their dominant spell. 2003 onwards was the time to start bringing through young players.

Once we get over 200 we need to bring in one out all out.

Only way the poor sods stand a chance

Why the absence of crowing?

We're just waiting for 5-0 Kenneth. We're well mannered over here.

My God that pitch turned, don't think I've seen us turn it so much. Imagine Warne bowling, it would've gone backwards.

Ponting in now?

Quote: Kenneth @ July 21 2013, 7:52 PM BST

Why the absence of crowing?

That's not cricket!

Has anyone mentioned currant cake yet...?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 21 2013, 8:34 PM BST

My God that pitch turned,

I didn't think it was that bad. There were plenty of balls that stayed true - the Chris Rogers dismissal comes to mind.

If you think Lord's is bad..wait until Old Trafford.

It's all over isn't it?

The Aussies need to win all three remaining tests to regain the ashes

Extremely unlikely

I seem to remember hearing that the Duckworth Lewis Method may have a new album out, or coming out.
I enjoyed the last one, but I am a bit of a Neil Hannon fan

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 21 2013, 8:34 PM BST

We're just waiting for 5-0 Kenneth. We're well mannered over here.

Shite batting from the Australians aside, one thing that irks me is the Guardian's online commentary. Cricinfo is miles better. The Guardian's habit of peppering the commentary with video clips is bad enough, but why this sort of thing:

WICKET! Root c Smith b Harris 180 (England 349-7)
There will be no double century for Joe Root. Blast! He tries to scoop a lengthy delivery from Harris over Haddin but only succeeds in finding Haddin at third man. Unacceptable. He's let the whole country down.

Or was that sarcasm?

And this sort of thing:

Alert teenage girls across the land - Ashton Agar and Joe Root are on the same pitch right now. I repeat: Ashton Agar and Joe Root are on the same pitch right now. There's one more ball to bowl in this over.

On the plus side, I have money on England to win the series.