The all in one Consolidatorised Cricket Thread Page 21

YAY !!

See 2.26 pm here

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/aug/04/the-ashes-england-australia-live-report

Good ole rain!!

:)

O M FUCKING G

what a f**king shower

This is gonna be 5-0 to the Aussies

Cook, Trott, Root...

Piss poor batsmen

Freddie Flintoff's doing the rounds at the moment.
8 out of 10 cats, hosting fighting talk, he's doing alright.

Oh & just seen Michael Vaughan holding a brolly for Dec on I'm a celebrity.
Well while he's in Australia he may as well earn himself another 50 quid.

Didn't Broad realise that the object at the moment is to get trough it not scoring sixes with every ball?

If this was a boxing match the referee would have stepped in by now.

It's like an 18 rated revenge thriller written by an England hating aussie hack. If it was 10 games it would be 10 nil, England just cannot get going, must be the most painful tour they've ever had.

The cosy England set up has to go tho. No more old boy's clique picking themselves and leaving others out. Swan would've been the leading England wicket taker of all time had he been picked at the right time. Couldn't get in the team till he was 28! Then never stopped taking wickets. That's what's wrong, the idiot selection system and the cliqueness that kept Strauss in the team for two years without getting runs. It's the management who're barmy not the army.

That Ben Stokes looks promising

The rest should be drowned imediately on their return to Blighty

I really don't get all the fuss about the Ashes.

All it is is an annual challenge match between two countries. A bit like the Boat Race.

It's History though innit
Like the FA cup final is History, in more ways than one these days unfortunately
Better examples may be Wimbledon, and the Open at St Andrews

Yeah but I thought every two years was enough, think the new yearly thing might water down the intensity but we'll see.

Great start by England. The Aussies looked shell shocked, I honestly can't see them coming back from that already. Could be all over by next Monday. So all we needed to do all these was get an Aussie coach.

And it's always the same two teams - like the Boat Race which is JUST as interesting - but mercifully doesn't last about 6 weeks but is over in about half an hour.

Chappers it's already vying with 1981 and 2005 to be best Ashes series of all time - 1 England thrash Aussies. 2 Aussies thrash England. 3 England thrash Aussies but lose Anderson, Johnson the next Bond villain. I've preordered DVD boxset of the series already.
England Geek

Laugh my FUCKING arse off

Observing a few Australian cricketers sobbing like little children after being caught cheating (and lying about cheating) as they lose lucrative (millions of dollars a year) contracts and endorsement deals, is pretty cringe-worthy. These chaps made a culture of obnoxious bullying on the cricket field. No sympathy. Perhaps they never properly grew up.