My Family - Series 10 Page 4

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 3 2010, 12:45 AM BST

I told them that. I think it goes back to her being Lady Cassandra on Doctor Who.

Ha!

Quote: Mark @ July 2 2010, 11:12 PM BST

Series 10 certainly looks like it is taking a turn towards the dark side slightly.

:D

I've mentioned this before but when our local PBS station ran this they didn't even run an entire series. It's never been a favourite of mine.

Series 10 certainly looks like it is taking a turn towards the dark side slightly. The first episode is about the Harpers committing benefit fraud, and check out this publicity picture...

It did mention somewhere I read that new writers were brought in to make it more current, fresh and wittier like it was in the first series. I'm hoping for a slightly edgier, ruthless type of comedy, series 9 was too slap-stick and lacking in plot. I'd get rid of Roger round about now actually...now Abi is gone and it doesn't seem she is coming back there ain't too much need for him.

I love that picture

I agree about Roger.

Ben should kill him and Susan bake him into a pie. Nobody would be able to tell as her cooking is so abysmal anyway.

I hate this programme. I have tried 5 times to watch it because peeps on here rave about it. It is just not my thing I am afraid to say.

Bit weird.

Quote: David Carmon @ July 3 2010, 6:53 PM BST

Ben should kill him and Susan bake him into a pie. Nobody would be able to tell as her cooking is so abysmal anyway.

LOL!

Now *that* would make a good episode! :P (Plus, it'd probably be the only thing that Susan cooks that Ben may enjoy...)

Is there going to be any promotion for this? (BBC Breakfast interviews, GMTV, This Morning, Steve Wright radio show etc).

What does everyone think of tonight's episode?

Funny in places, I thought, and was worth a watch.

Felt very... hmmmmm about tonights episode. I know it's the first episode and all the characters weren't in their usual place really but it didn't seem like a family? I know the new writers were brought in and it had funny moments but too spread out. Ben and Susan are still good but they seem on auto-pilot. The bit with Kenzo and Janey was cute but not needed really and Michael was pointless. It did centre around the one thing and it was a great idea for a plot and very current but it could have been played out so much better. Little underwhelming, especially when The Old Guys is shown after it, I know My Family has had nine series and now ten but The Old Guys felt so much more natural and refreshing. Definitely something missing from it tonight, no Roger either... I am willing to bet Roger and Michael will have bigger roles in the next episode and the new character will see it being brought back together a little hopefully. Even the classic bedroom scenes with Ben and Susan just felt a bit...stale? There is definitely something missing, it seemed empty. Still, it was a good watch, you could do much worse.

I was pleasently surprised about tonights episode of 'My Family' I'm quite enjoying this Friday night line-up 'My Family' followed by 'The Old Guys' and then 'The IT Crowd'. Three new good sitcoms back to back, a rareity at the minute.
Obviously 'My Family' is past its best now and the Janey storyline was probably just there to make it last the half hour, didn't fit into the storyline whatsoever, could have been taken out and put in another episode, yet despite being predictable, I really did enjoy the storyline relating to Ben being a benefit thief. The woman who gave Ben the chair was a good character and very well acted I thought.

Yeah she was one of the strengths of tonights episode. I thought they could have played it out a little more like having Ben accidentally kick the glass in when pulling his moves at the post office, (I know a little unrealistic but..it's a light-hearted comedy?) and having the woman painstakingly change him when he "wet" himself. I sometimes think the payoffs are one of it's shortcomings, just like when they dressed up as nuns to find Abi.

When I heard that the son was going to be outed I thought they meant in real life - because it's obvious really isn't it.

And Kenzo's not a bad actor.

Nice to see Susan in a leather skirt too.

Thought it was a good episode.

Penelope Wilton was cool as well, still remember her from The Borrowers

Kenzo seems to be being made more use of now the actor is older, not bad acting for a kid really, fits in well.

Laughed alot throughout, mainly at the chair as Ben whizzed around in it.

When he was about to perform dental surgery on the 'benefit woman' I was half expecting him to send her to sleep, perform the work and then be sat back in the chair before she woke up again.