My Family - Series 10 Page 6

So, did this new series take a swing to the darkiside, as was suggested it would? Do we have a new 'Jam' on our hands?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 12 2010, 1:31 PM BST

So, did this new series take a swing to the darkiside, as was suggested it would? Do we have a new 'Jam' on our hands?

Darkside? Well, it is on after 9pm so I would imagine so. I didn't watch it. I'm too hard and alternative.

Depends what you do with the herring though!

I'm looking forward to this series

I think this will be the last series. The 1st episode had poor ratings with just over 4 million. They won't commision another series if the ratings are bad.

Quote: Richard Saunders @ July 13 2010, 6:58 PM BST

I think this will be the last series. The 1st episode had poor ratings with just over 4 million. They won't commision another series if the ratings are bad.

It's already coming back next year with seven new episodes though. :)

Also, if you look at the overnights for Doctor Who and various other programmes, you will find that they are considerably lower (sometimes by 2 million) than the timeshift figures.

I won't be surprised if the BARB figure is over five million.

Also worth noting that the BBC don't just go on the figures - and with iPlayer, those from BARB boxes are only a fraction of the equation.

Technically does it mean that 50 million could be watching but only a small amount of the BARB panel are?

In theory, that is possible, yes.

So maybe (going slightly off topic) The Bill is really geting 30 million viewers :)

The 9th series of My Family was regularly getting 4.5 - 5 million viewers and they still asked for more.

Quote: David Carmon @ July 14 2010, 1:31 AM BST

The 9th series of My Family was regularly getting 4.5 - 5 million viewers and they still asked for more.

4.5 - 5 million viewers is actually good by today's standards though, isn't it? :)

Yeah I'd say it was a decent figure, most TV shows have lost viewers over the last 10 years with more channels becoming available, plus the internet taking people away from the TV.