My Family - Series 10 Page 10

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2010, 11:20 PM BST

Sam Kelly, also of Porridge and Barbara.

The same Sam Kelly from On The Up and the musical Wicked!?

No idea if he's been in Wicked, but yes, On The Up too.

Last night was a cracker, really enjoyed it.

Quote: Aaron @ July 24 2010, 1:15 AM BST

No idea if he's been in Wicked, but yes, On The Up too.

He was playing the Wizard of Oz when I went to see it in January. Brilliant.

Going to watch My Family on iPlayer now, hope it's a good one.

Didn't much like Wicked. I think Nigel Planer was the Wizard when I went.

I like one song from Wicked. All the others I've heard are just incredibly screechy and unpleasant to listen to. It's a weird thing for a musical to aim for, screechyness.

And Angelos as the policeman too.

Overnight ratings for the last episode.....

4.04 million.

Its lowest ever. A shame as it was a good one.

Not a bad episode tonight, nothing amazing but quite good, had its moments.

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2010, 11:20 PM BST

Sam Kelly, also of Porridge and Barbara.

Cheers dude!! :D

------

Thought Friday's episode was actually pretty good, a kinda familiar sitcom plot which I'm surprised they hadn't used yet considering how obvious it is!! But all in all very good, I've actually got into series 10 more than I could series 9, the quality is much more consistent and I really can't quite imagine Robert Lindsay and Zoe Wanamaker retiring from those roles, they just fit like a glove now, it's effortless. On the flip side, Janey's character still seems relevant considering she has Kenzo to interact with, but for three episodes, not including the one where he came out as he was kinda the focus, Michael seems pretty pointless now? He just pops into the house because...his character is still part of it? Still no Roger....

Quote: Shepka @ July 31 2010, 5:00 PM BST

Still no Roger....

To the Lord we are truly thankful. Let's hope it's revealed that he has died after trying to give his brain a filling.

I think the episodes we've had so far prove that the character of Roger is simply not needed anymore (if he ever was) ;)

Quote: Robert D @ August 1 2010, 4:31 AM BST

I think the episodes we've had so far prove that the character of Roger is simply not needed anymore (if he ever was) ;)

I agree with you guys, Roger definitely seems rather pointless now, series 10 has been great so far and he was never a great character, I think we've only actually seen the surgery once in this series so far too....?

Quote: Robert D @ August 1 2010, 4:31 AM BST

Yeah, too many characters in previous series. Roger and Abbie, good in their day but past it now. It's good they've toned down on the number of characters, it works a lot better now it is only Ben, Susan, Michael and Janey, plus a bit of a regular part for Kenzo aswell. Also glad that Welsh lodger's gone aswell. This has been a very good series due to I think the small cast (that's when Last of the Summer Wine started to fail, because it had too many characters). It shows there is still a lot of life left in the old dog.

It was like a remake of 'Happy Returns'.