The Bubble Page 7

Like all panel shows, I think it chiefly depends on the guests.
But there's always a bit of Mitchell and that could still save it for me even if all 3 guests were boring.

Yeah, it's still funny, but no more funny than if David Mitchell just hosted a chat show with other comedians.

I think it needs to be longer; a few more rounds and extra footage from the house should be added. I can't believe three comedians/comedy-writers share a house for three or four days and the only funny thing that happened was Andy Hamilton raised his eyebrows in a funny way during a practice round of bridge.

Dan

Haha!
I agree. I'd like more (funny) footage, and for the show to be longer. It seems to end very quickly.

Quote: zooo @ March 6 2010, 10:39 AM GMT

They do put them up in a house.

I thought yesterday's started slowly but got funny.

So how much does it cost to put up three celebs for a week? Must be a lot. More than the programme justifies.

Well tonight's was quite good as I do like Superkings and Marcus Brigstocke. Also the other woman does have a wonderful pair of legs.

I am quite disturbed by this, but I thought Sue Perkins looked quite hot.

Anyway, best episode so far.

I agree, best one to date. Lots of funny stuff.

Quote: Timbo @ March 12 2010, 11:20 PM GMT

I am quite disturbed by this, but I thought SuPerkings looked quite hot.

It's that glowing orange bit isn't it?

Quote: sootyj @ February 20 2010, 8:01 PM GMT

Is this show abit like the Mitchell and Webb sketch "stay in doors"

It's so true that you can't take David Mitchell seriously at all as the host of a real panel show after his hilarious gameshow spoofs from 'That Mitchell and Webb Look'. Same would apply for Robert Webb if he presented a panel show after we'd already seen him 'presenting' 'Numberwang'. Laughing out loud

To me, the look of this show is similar to Charlie Brooker's 'You Have Been Watching'.

Quote: Chappers @ March 8 2010, 1:22 PM GMT

So how much does it cost to put up three celebs for a week? Must be a lot.

I don't see why. Renting a flat in the country for six weeks can't be much. Each set of three are only there for four days. Four days food for three people is nothing. Transport is nothing. Few grand each for their time. Low £XX,XXX per episode is my guess.

Quote: johnny smith @ March 13 2010, 5:02 PM GMT

It's so true that you can't take David Mitchell seriously at all as the host of a real panel show after his hilarious gameshow spoofs from 'That Mitchell and Webb Look'.

Agreed. His VO at the beginning is cringeworthingly wanky.

Quote: Timbo @ March 12 2010, 11:20 PM GMT

I am quite disturbed by this, but I thought Sue Perkins looked quite hot.

Didn't she just? Something very appealing about one of the lipstick ones in a tight trouser suit.

I liked the way Marcus was self-admittedly annoying and sanctimonious, yet won in the end, whilst by comparison Julia was far more seductive, and wanted to believe the fake story of the sea levels falling, but was wrong again and again, and even resorted to cheating. Their argument was like a microcosm of the climate debate; we would all love to be seduced into believing we're OK going on as we are, but the annoying truth seems to be that this is wrong.

"One of the lipstick ones"...?
You bloody charmer.

Quote: zooo @ March 13 2010, 5:38 PM GMT

"One of the lipstick ones"...?
You bloody charmer.

He doesn't need to be. It's a waste of time!

Haha, good point.