The Bubble Page 6

Quote: Badge @ February 28 2010, 3:29 PM GMT

One problem for me is that the "true" stories they use have tended not to be big enough. Wouldn't it work better if almost all the audience knew the real story while the panellists didn't? As it is we have too many slightly obsucre stories being used.

Agreed; the true stories have been so obscure that it has hardly been worth isolating the guests. I've been reading newspapers, looking at websites, watching telly and listening to the radio, and I have had no idea which stories have been true and which false.

I knew all of them on week one, and only missed 2 in week two. That's largely from just reading headlines.

The trouble with using big stories is that they tend to be the most normal and believable sounding. I suppose they could make some of the fake stories a little more sane-sounding, but then that doesn't elicit the same kind of humour potential I suppose.

There's an additional problem in that the guests sometimes seem to spend more time analysing the production standards of the spoof, rather than the merits of the story.

Quote: Badge @ February 28 2010, 3:29 PM GMT

As it is we have too many slightly obsucre stories being used.

I've not seen one about sugar.

Andy Hamilton will be replacing Sue Perkins this week apparently.

Yeah, she fell down the stairs and broke herself. :(

Or was she pushed? Whistling nnocently

:O

A very flat bubble tonight. Lifeless guests and dreary stories. And the actors in the nudist shop story were atrocious. Still, the house they all stay in looks nice.

Quote: chipolata @ March 5 2010, 10:33 PM GMT

A very flat bubble tonight. Lifeless guests and dreary stories. And the actors in the nudist shop story were atrocious. Still, the house they all stay in looks nice.

I couldn't be bothered to watch it. Watched Moyles instead. I reckon viewing figures will tail off as it's just not interesting or funny enough.

I'm still not convinced about the whole 'staying in a bubble-house' thing.

It's another pointless waste of TV license payers money. I hope they don't actually put them up in a secluded house.

Quote: Chappers @ March 5 2010, 11:01 PM GMT

It's another pointless waste of TV license payers money. I hope they don't actually put them up in a secluded house.

They'd have to. Or else risk another BBC scandal that the corporation can ill afford.

They do put them up in a house.

I thought yesterday's started slowly but got funny.

I find it a little meandering, to be honest. Some is hilarious, but some just plods along. It doesn't stand out as a particularly good or bad programme.