The Bubble Page 12

Quote: Nogget @ March 26 2010, 3:55 PM GMT

An uncharitable person might claim that some of her success in gaining airtime on the BBC was facilitated by her ability to tick all the equal opportunities boxes, in terms of being both Iranian and a woman.

I think the main difference between Sue and Jenny is that Sue is likeable.

She's not a raspberry though..

Quote: Aaron @ March 26 2010, 4:06 PM GMT

I quite like Shappi. I didn't think much of her at first, and I know she's another one who relies a bit too heavily on her ethnicity at times, but she does amuse me.

Easy on the eye, too.

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 26 2010, 4:00 PM GMT

In the various TV reality shows she has participated in, indeed this is impression I have formed. She has an air on presumed self-entitlement about her and appears to have little interest in other's opinions.

So it's true, you're homophobic?

"... So how will they know what's been going on while they've been in the bubble"

surely that should be -

"... So will they know what's been going on while they've been in the bubble"

Shappi and Miranda didn't make much impression at all. I wondered why they were there. Overall a bland end to a pretty uninspiring series.

Predictably the most fun was to be had from the interplay between Robert and David, though perhaps Robert was a little too comfortable.

Neither Shappi nor Miranda contributed much, and given that Miranda had somehow succeeded in never hearing of the Elgin Marbles you wonder whether it was really necessary to put her in the Bubble.

A cosy half hour tonight and a cosy, if not consistently funny, series. Will likely get a 2nd run and will benefit from some re-jigging of the format. However, what with 'Would I Lie To You?' and 'The Unbelievable Truth', seems to be too many shows around hanging their coat on the "true/false" peg.

It's real/fake acktuleee.

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2010, 11:07 PM GMT

It's real/fake acktuleee.

Oh well begging my bloody pardon then, Ma'am! Unimpressed ;)

I laughed a fair amount, as I have throughout the series, although it wouldn't have been any worse had 2/3rd of the guests not been there.

The Bubble made me laugh - so for that reason I think it does deserve another 'chance'. If they do bring it back though, I hope they make a few adjustments...

1. Make the news clips shorter. There wasn't as much humour in the clips as there was in the panel dissecting the clips - so more time for the panel, less time for the clips please.

2. Make sure the 'true' stories are well known. Last night I only recognised one of the true stories. The humour is in watching the panellists fail to realise the story we all know to be true is indeed true. The fact the production team have been going for obscure 'true' stories has also invalidated the need for the panellists to go into the house (as Katy Brand pointed out) - so it'd correct that weakness as well.

3. More footage from the house, because seeing the comedians interact with each other is interesting. If the un-seen footage was all as dull as David Mitchell said it was when he addressed this point a few weeks back, maybe find a way of making it more interesting? (it doesn't have to be Big Brother, but perhaps ask them to debate a topic, play pictionary, or something).

4. Cut down the chandelier - it makes for a very ugly and off-putting shadow on the rug.

It sounds like I'm moaning a lot so I ought to point out I enjoyed The Bubble a lot as is... the above would just make it extra ace.

Quote: Mark @ March 27 2010, 7:13 PM GMT

3. More footage from the house, because seeing the comedians interact with each other is interesting. If the un-seen footage was all as dull as David Mitchell said it was when he addressed this point a few weeks back, maybe find a way of making it more interesting? (it doesn't have to be Big Brother, but perhaps ask them to debate a topic, play pictionary, or something).

This! x lots.

All good points.
I do love it as is though. Really enjoyed this series.