Things that piss you off Page 684

Seeing how sunny it is outside and that I can't get outside till 7pm.

Quote: EllieJP @ April 8 2011, 3:56 PM BST

Seeing how sunny it is outside and that I can't get outside till 7pm.

Do you still have time for your rugby and running and stuff?

Quote: chipolata @ April 8 2011, 4:01 PM BST

Do you still have time for your rugby and running and stuff?

'Stuff'? What you mean, the old *whistles suggestively*.

Quote: Rigid Bones @ April 7 2011, 8:53 AM BST

When I go into Tesco and there are no human operated check outs
When someone says, "It's a big ask"
When someone says, "It's a whole nuther" something
When the passenger next to me on the plane makes their own sandwich (yes, really)!

:P I always make egg sarnies when I travel, also pepperoni, guaranteed a massive fart will follow!, part of joy of sharing the limited space.

The way Match of the Day devote most of their bloody time showing the one game you could have watched earlier on telly if only someone had alerted you to the existence of that newfangled "Sky Sports".

Folk not replying to emails or texts.

Glee.

Steaming great pile o'bollocks

The internet. Or more correctly- people on the internet. (No one in particular before anyone asks.)

So you get pissed off with people in general, on the internet?

The effect that the internet has on people I think. To be honest, not even most people. But you always notice the things you like least.

Apart from morons on the underground who keep threatening to beat me up, I currently have little time for my employer's careers service. Bearing in mind that about 20 - 25% of staff in my line of work are being cut, I would have thought it would be a reasonable concession to those who will be leaving to offer a little 'outplacement service' such as dummy interviews. Oh yeah - at £36 a pop.

Burnt bits on bacon. Horrible. I can't cook it without the rashers curling up and ending up with frazzled edges.

Damn you George Foreman.

Line managers who don't bother to tell you that they've changed the rules and that there's a whole extra pile of work that you didn't expect waiting for you despite the fact that you are supposed to be on a phased return to work.

I think all of George Foreman's sons and daughters are called George, or some form of that name.

Politics. Particularly people who are likely to vote no tomorrow because they can't be bothered to understand, or don't like the idea of change. If you've got a genuine reason then fine, but lack of understanding or trepidation aren't worth ruining it for people who have put the effort in to think about it.

This works both ways, but I can't imagine people voting yes without knowing what they're voting for, while "you won't understand" seems to be a key component of the no campaign and upsettingly, going on some people I know, it sounds like it's working, which I just don't get.

EDIT: Oooh, I somehow didn't see the AV thread. Meh, it's still pissing me off, it's relevant to this one!