Things that piss you off Page 1,650

Quote: Nogget @ 25th February 2016, 9:22 AM GMT

You'd love Britain, the climate varies from "a bit chilly" to "mild."

I think you mean 'varies from bloody freezing to a bit chilly'.

Quote: JuliaR @ 25th February 2016, 1:16 AM GMT

Heat. I am so sick of being too hot. My makeup is melting off my face. Inability to sleep at night makes me grumpy.

No air conditioning? How is that even possible in a place where it gets that hot?

Quote: keewik @ 25th February 2016, 12:14 PM GMT

I think you mean 'varies from bloody freezing to a bit chilly'.

Well if you insist in living in the cold bit, you've only yourself to blame! The majority of us live down here in Southern England; not only for economic reasons, but because of the climate. Oh, and of course, because it's as far away from lure of deep-fried haggis as we can get.

Deep fried Mars bar..........so I'm given to understand Whistling nnocently

The fact that Britain insisted on child labour until September 1972.

The school leaving age was only increased from 15 at that point.

Britain, I loved my time there. Arrived in early June, very hot and stayed until early January. The winter was something else, for some reason I thought snow would be inevitable at Christmas time.

Do you not mean "Bloody freezing"?

Quote: JuliaR @ 25th February 2016, 7:33 PM GMT

Britain, I loved my time there. Arrived in early June, very hot and stayed until early January. The winter was something else, for some reason I thought snow would be inevitable at Christmas time.

I had a sprinkling this morning (!).

Quote: Chappers @ 25th February 2016, 7:47 PM GMT

I had a sprinkling this morning too but to be fair I think most men do once they reach a certain age.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th February 2016, 1:40 PM GMT

No air conditioning? How is that even possible in a place where it gets that hot?

DaButt, a lot of people have air conditioning. I had a fan which gave up the ghost, went to buy another, no joy, sold out. On the upside, I can't be bothered eating. A cold glass of wine is still on my menu.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th February 2016, 9:29 AM GMT

Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere else as far as the weather goes - love my seasons, and coming up to my favourite - Spring. It doesn't get any better than that. When the primroses come up it lifts my spirits. :)

Yes - I love the changing seasons too. Must be bloody boring being hot all the time!

Sounds lovely, Chappers.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th February 2016, 7:53 PM GMT

Must be bloody boring being hot all the time!

I'd love that.

Quote: JuliaR @ 25th February 2016, 7:33 PM GMT

I thought snow would be inevitable at Christmas time.

Christmas is usually still mild. We've had barely a snowflake for the last 3 years, but several feet of the stuff on the two years previous to that.

Well it's not been below -3c here this year, which is 'a bit chilly' in my book.

People who scream at their kids when they didn't do anything deliberately wrong. Bad enough to shout at adults for that but just plain wrong to scream at small children.

People that ignore me when I speak to them makes me inclined to murder. If you ignore me to fiddle on your cell phone then I will never again consider you my friend.

I have similar feelings for people who walk away when I talk to them.

People who scream at their kids when they didn't do anything deliberately wrong. Bad enough to shout at adults for that but just plain wrong to scream at small children.

Some children are horrible though. This may be a case of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome :P

I must admit I have found it baffling how some Britons can endure the December weather and not only think God exists but also have feelings of goodwill towards others.

That is truly amazing.

Must be bloody boring being hot all the time!

It is murder from 12 - 2 but from lets say 4 - 7 you get these gorgeous cool summer late afternoons. Sun even shines for two hours after you get off from work.