Things that piss you off Page 1,491

People go to see whatever is available to see, it's not necessarily what they prefer or doesn't really sum them up as people.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 6th May 2014, 11:52 PM BST

People go to see whatever is available to see, it's not necessarily what they prefer or doesn't really sum them up as people.

Particularly people with children. I hate asking my brother what film he's seen recently as it will be a kid's movie that he's had to watch on DVD a thousand times.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 6th May 2014, 11:52 PM BST

I go and see what's unpopular as the cinema is a warm place to sleep during the day and I don't like people to seem me doing that.

The longer the better.

Thanks Johnny Depp for Transcendence.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th May 2014, 12:03 AM BST

Thanks Johnny Depp for Transcendence.

:D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 6th May 2014, 11:59 PM BST

Particularly people with children. I hate asking my brother what film he's seen recently as it will be a kid's movie that he's had to watch on DVD a thousand times.

I'm sorta hoping I can persuade my two to accompany me to the new Postman Pat film.

Quote: roscoff @ 6th May 2014, 10:29 PM BST

Feminism, sexism,racism all needless really. Just treat everyone on an equal standing whatever sex, colour or inside leg measurement. Problem is humans seem to be drawn to prejudice and I'm not sure where it all originates from. It's not evident in the animal kingdom that I know of.

I'd like to thank roscoff for supplying me with a new TTPYO. The equation of nature and the animal kingdom with human morality, as if nature is the paramour for all things honourable and decent. But when used to describe our own shortcomings, it's cast aside in the blink of an eye.

Are animals sexist? Oh very much so, from the black widow and praying mantis in the insect kingdom to the Alpha male in the mammal world. There's no reasoned discussion about the rights of a particular gender.

Are animals racist? Let's ask the red squirrel shall we? Obviously racism is a human conceit, but anything that marks a herd animal different from the others, such as being a runt or an albino will cause them to be victimised by the group.

As for where prejudice originates from, it's probably linked to our inherent and 'natural' territoriality. We fear outsiders because they use our resources and bring disease and anything that can diminish the survivability of our own social grouping must be repelled.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 7th May 2014, 12:13 AM BST

I'm sorta hoping I can persuade my two to accompany me to the new Postman Pat film.

Spoiler: He keeps his shirt on throughout.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 7th May 2014, 12:13 AM BST

:D

I'm sorta hoping I can persuade my two to accompany me to the new Postman Pat film. I'd be the red letter box for his male delivery any day.

If that's why you're seeing it please don't see it at the same time as me, as I will be trying to sleep thank you.

I haven't been to the cinema for AGES. I just wait for DVDs. I do slightly fancy seeing the new Godzilla though.

http://www.livescience.com/17388-abandoned-albino-seal-home.html

animal bigot bastards

Quote: zooo @ 7th May 2014, 12:27 AM BST

I haven't been to the cinema for AGES. I just wait for DVDs. I do slightly fancy seeing the new Godzilla though.

Yeh looks good although some clips seem to imply it'll have Ghiddora in it which I think would be silly.

I do slightly fancy seeing the new Godzilla though.

Like most people, I'm relying on Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston to be the gatekeeper on this film. If he agreed to star in it, it must be good, mustn't it?

I do hope it's good.

Hope so!
The trailers look brilliant. But that doesn't necessarily guarantee 'owt.

I think Brian Cranston should advertise pickle

Quote: Jennie @ 6th May 2014, 10:41 PM BST

Everyone knows when arguing with RCP you are only allowed to quote from blogs/ and or little read American news articles.

No, a woman has changed her mind.

That happens sometimes.

She didn't actually.

No she isn't.

No, it's about equality. But we are moving a pile of stones, not a mountain.

I love it when you make shit up.

Thank goodness we have someone as knowledgeable as you to point out all the sexism.

Laughing out loud Owned.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th May 2014, 12:26 AM BST

If that's why you're seeing it please don't see it at the same time as me, as I will be trying to sleep thank you.

No, Postman Pat is a legend, though I really wish it wasn't all CGI'ed but the times they are a changing and all that. Plus it's got Rupert Grint in, what's not to like.

I do slightly fancy seeing the new Godzilla though.

Got to see that one on the big screen I think.

Have mentioned this before but: When someone rings the office and asks to speak to someone who is not there and won't be returning to the office that day, so you offer to take a message. Person on the other end then asks if they should call the mobile number of the person they want and if they did do I think they will answer? I don't know! I am not a mind reader.

Also if the person they want is in a meeting and I am asked how long it will be and tell them I don't know. It is not helpful for you to then start asking me if it will 30 minutes, 2 hours etc. If I knew I would have told you when you asked the first time.

Sympathies. That was why I was always terrible at customer services roles. I can't abide that kind of thing and get irritated with them far too soon.

When I get irritated, I employ what my family and friends call "the tone" - a way of speaking that on the surface appears perfectly polite, but is dripping with imminent danger. When you get the tone,, retreat.