Things that piss you off Page 1,496

Coming home from holiday.

Bye bye Ireland. :(

Guinness isn't as bad as I thought it was and Irish men are really rather attractive.

Also TTPYO: the fact that my photo is stretched in my avatar (as compared to my profile) making me look three stone heavier than I actually am. However, it seems vain to try and change it. Decisions.

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 6:25 AM BST

Also TTPYO: the fact that my photo is stretched in my avatar (as compared to my profile) making me look three stone heavier than I actually am. However, it seems vain to try and change it. Decisions.

If it helps, some of us (including me) find it annoying when old shows on TV are displayed 'wide screen', because everything looks just wrong. So it would save our sanity slightly if you fix the photo.

Well, saving your sanity is very important to me. :)

Why am I now sideways? Is someone tinkering with me?

In other TTPYO - Ryanair. You are the shittest thing about Ireland, Ryanair. You and your stupid fanfare when you manage to land on time.

The toddler who screamed "we're all going to die" during take off wasn't far wrong.

Did its parent suffocate it?

I've tried another pic and I am still sideways. :( Maybe I am just doomed to be sideways forever.

Quote: keewik @ 19th May 2014, 2:37 PM BST

Did its parent suffocate it?

Don't think so, little brat kicked my chair through the remainder of the flight. To be fair, he was just voicing my own fears - I am not a flying fan. Particularly with Ryanair, which feels like a bus with wings.

You need to rotate the image 90 degrees clockwise, Jennie. If you're using Windows this can be done quite easily by selecting the image and opening it in Windows Photo Viewer (may be an option to 'Preview' on right-clicking the file).

If you're on a Mac... you're on your own.

Yaaay.

Thanks Aaron! If only all men were as useful as you.

And looking bonnier than ever :)

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 3:07 PM BST

Yaaay.

Thanks Aaron! If only all men were as useful as you.

:) Pleasure.

TTPYO: Sanctioned racism. If you were to do a comedy routine on stage and you dressed up as a Hassidic Jew or wore an Afro with a plastic bone in it, then quite rightly, you would be lambasted for mocking the cultures of others.

But...this doesn't stop an army of white, middle class, wankers from St. Albans or wherever from doing a 'comedy rap song'. Don't hijack or appropriate the culture of black people, do a terrible parody of it and destroy it's inherent value - as if whitey hasn't taken enough from them. It's embarrassing, lazy and unfunny, plus racist.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th May 2014, 3:11 PM BST

And looking bonnier than ever :)

:)

Although I think that is just my slightly tipsy look..

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 19th May 2014, 6:39 PM BST

TTPYO: Sanctioned racism. If you were to do a comedy routine on stage and you dressed up as a Hassidic Jew or wore an Afro with a plastic bone in it, then quite rightly, you would be lambasted for mocking the cultures of others.

But...this doesn't stop an army of white, middle class, wankers from St. Albans or wherever from doing a 'comedy rap song'. Don't hijack or appropriate the culture of black people, do a terrible parody of it and destroy it's inherent value - as if whitey hasn't taken enough from them. It's embarrassing, lazy and unfunny, plus racist.

What? Who? :S

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 6:53 PM BST

What? Who? :S

Just about every male comedy duo on the 'circuit' insists on chucking a rap into their performance.

Here is the only acceptable comedy rap -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKTDRqQtPO8

Isn't rap so bloody crap that it deserves to be mocked ?

If your going to sing about how much richer you are than me and how your car costs more than mine and you get to f**k loads more 'ho's than me - your a cock brained prick and need mocking

The Lonely Island do some funny rap songs.

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th May 2014, 7:06 PM BST

If your going to sing about how much richer you are than me and how your car costs more than mine and you get to f**k loads more 'ho's than me - your a cock brained prick and need mocking

If bands write nothing but soppy shit about how much they love someone, how is that any better?

I think we're on dangerous grounds when it comes to 'acceptable' lyrics and what should and shouldn't be mocked.

It should also be noted, that if you do mock black culture, then you have to take the ramifications, such as Lorde and her song Royals -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2451407/Lorde-called-RACIST-song-Royals-mentions-Cristal-diamond-encrusted-watches.html