Things that piss you off Page 1,364

Quote: Nogget @ 24th January 2014, 8:36 PM GMT

OK, let's ask the internet:

I did something similar and discovered that 'Bieber is a fag'. The Internet is the font of all human knowledge.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 24th January 2014, 8:49 PM GMT

I did something similar and discovered that 'Bieber is a fag'.

Your point is? ;)

interest rates on bank accounts lately

absolute garbage

you may as well bury your cash in a big hole in your back yard

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th January 2014, 8:59 PM GMT

interest rates on bank accounts lately

absolute garbage

you may as well bury your cash in a big hole in your back yard

Stick a tree on it, and you might finally see some growth.

Quote: Nogget @ 24th January 2014, 9:03 PM GMT

Stick a tree on it, and you might finally see some growth.

Plus, you'd be closer to the local branch.

http://www.islamic-bank.com/savings/notice-accounts/120-day-notice-account/

Another biggie this time - 'My daughter has only half a head and doesn't think she is pretty enough to be a model. Like and Share to show her that she is beautiful'.

The Internet is awash with ugly fat people wanting to be called beautiful, even when they plainly aren't. They're tired of the false media images of models who are healthy, stay in shape, look after their skin and wash their hair - yes, how can any normal person expect to do that?

What's worse is that you have people claiming they are 'subverting' beauty. No, they're not. What they're trying to do is to get people to call them attractive when they are clearly ugly.

'But', they cry 'Who are you to tell me what is and isn't beautiful? It's all subjective' - it is up to a point. Under your definition of beauty, everyone is beautiful, so calling someone beautiful is meaningless, because it's like saying 'I think you look very human today'. You can't slag off the very benchmarks that you want to be judged against and are complicit in maintaining.

This is usually a girl thing, unless I've missed the thousands of messages reading: 'Bones are for dogs, real women love fat blerks'. Yep, the bigger ladies have invented their own language to...er, big themselves up - voluptuous, curvaceous, buxom, big beautiful woman, etc. - it all means the same thing, fat.

Funnily enough, despite their anger at being mislabelled as unattractive and refusing to conform to the media stereotype due to their high minded principles and love of cake, the usual double standards can't help from creeping in. 95% of personal ads, including those from the BBWs, all state the same thing when looking for a man - must be tall and slim. (The other 5% don't care as long as the guy has money).

Some other excuses wheeled out by the uggos: 'In the olden days or in parts of the world, fat birds are considered the pinnacle of beauty' - fine, jump in a time machine or eff off over to Africa. 'This obsession with being a certain shape is forcing girls into eating disorders' - no, mental illness or puking up dinners because they're too lazy to exercise or have no self control are the prime reasons.

My absolute favourite one is: 'Why don't fashion designers create massively overpriced rags for massively overweight women?' - because the fashion designers know that they are selling an aspirational dream, that's why they can charge £400 for a blouse. It's okay for BHS to use oversized mannequins and never ending plus size ranges, they're selling clothes by volume to middle aged, dowdy, chubbers without a lot of income. High end designers use young attractive slim models to flog their tawdry bits of cloth, because that is what the consumer wants, nay demands.

Instead of spreading the message: 'Love yourself no matter what you look like', a new message of arrogance has sprung up: 'I demand that you all love me and call me beautiful no matter what I look like'.

Congratulations on making it all the way to the end of my lengthy rant. Wave

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th January 2014, 3:16 PM GMT

Congratulations on making it all the way to the end of my lengthy rant. Wave

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2545388/TOWIEs-Gemma-Collins-displays-curvaceous-bikini-body-Dubai.html

Quote: Oldrocker @ 25th January 2014, 4:00 PM GMT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2545388/TOWIEs-Gemma-Collins-displays-curvaceous-bikini-body-Dubai.html

Holy Jesus! What has been seen, can't be unseen.

Also love the conflicting supportive double speak - either she's proud of her curves and wants to be a role model to larger ladies or she wants to lose a load of weight to be the most gorgeous girl on TOWIE - she can't be both proud and ashamed.

But they're all guilty of it - Fern Britton, Dawn French, Alison Moyet, etc. - interviewed at the height of their rotundness they all wheeled out the same bullshit: 'I'm really happy with my weight and the way I look'.

Flash forward to after the weight loss: 'I wasn't happy with my weight or the way I looked'.

Of course, probably most of that article (which I haven't read) saying she's either 'proud' or 'wants to lose weight', was fabricated by the journalist, not the woman in question.

I love in the comments of articles like that, where a woman (or whoever) has been papped exercising, or walking the dog with no makeup. And all the comments say things like 'I wish she'd stop flaunting herself to the world' and 'Get lost [celeb's name], we're supposed to care why?'. When she was minding her own business.
They act like she begged for embarrassing/boring pics to be shown in the paper, when it's the bloody paper deciding to print them constantly, not her.

Quote: zooo @ 25th January 2014, 6:15 PM GMT

Of course, probably most of that article (which I haven't read) saying she's either 'proud' or 'wants to lose weight', was fabricated by the journalist, not the woman in question.

I love in the comments of articles like that, where a woman (or whoever) has been papped exercising, or walking the dog with no makeup.

In our crazy mixed up media world, there are 'real' pap shots and 'fake' pap shots.

TOWIE bird's pictures were staged shots, with the most flattering being chosen by her PR company / publicist. She's not lying on her back eating a cake, she's depicted exercising in full make up, on the beach (?).

Similarly the quotes attributed to her were probably written by someone else or she was told what to say.

The no make pictures that plague celebrities are the 'real' pap shots. The mad drunken racist outbursts are presumably all their own words too.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th January 2014, 7:01 PM GMT

In our crazy mixed up media world, there are 'real' pap shots and 'fake' pap shots.

TOWIE bird's pictures were staged shots, with the most flattering being chosen by her PR company / publicist. She's not lying on her back eating a cake, she's depicted exercising in full make up, on the beach (?).

Similarly the quotes attributed to her were probably written by someone else or she was told what to say.

The no make pictures that plague celebrities are the 'real' pap shots. The mad drunken racist outbursts are presumably all their own words too.

True, true.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th January 2014, 7:01 PM GMT

She's also wearing a face full of makeup. Who does that before a workout? Not me, that's for sure...

I'm not saying this one wasn't staged (I still haven't read it) but seeing as any vaguely famous person knows it's likely they will get papped while exercising, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them did put a full face of makeup on!

Quote: zooo @ 25th January 2014, 8:26 PM GMT

I'm not saying this one wasn't staged (I still haven't read it) but seeing as any vaguely famous person knows it's likely they will get papped while exercising, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them did put a full face of makeup on!

They're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't! And they also have to do it all whilst in sunny Dubai.

What's the deal with Dubai anyway? Everyone always says that the shopping there is AMAZING. It's mental expensive, isn't it?