Things that piss you off Page 1,137

I hate those aliens.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 26 2012, 7:34 PM GMT

I hate those aliens.

Those blue bastards are just annoying Angry

It is nails down a blackboard.

I'd pay to see the Argos aliens autopsy just saying Argos

TTPYO: Parents who outrageously spoil their kids. Parents who undermine their nannies. Parents who ask their nannies to do something they would never put up with themselves. Parents who f**k up their toddler's digestive system and sleep pattern over the weekend. GAH!

I'm going to cheer myself up with Once Upon A Time.

Quote: Harridan @ November 26 2012, 7:46 PM GMT

TTPYO: Parents who outrageously spoil their kids. Parents who undermine their nannies. Parents who ask their nannies to do something they would never put up with themselves. Parents who f**k up their toddler's digestive system and sleep pattern over the weekend. GAH!

I'm going to cheer myself up with Once Upon A Time.

Would you like a soothing lullaby or a short short story about their inevitable downfall set in a dystopian future?

Quote: AJGO @ November 26 2012, 8:18 PM GMT

Would you like a soothing lullaby or a short short story about their inevitable downfall set in a dystopian future?

Yes please!

Both?! Rightyhoo...

Soothing lullaby to tune of 'twinkle twinkle little star':

Think on, think on, Harridan
One day you'll be rid of them
And they'll wonder how they'll cope
Know their conduct is a joke
So put on your favourite hat
Await the downfall of that twat

Short short story:

Once upon a time in a land much like this but in the future but now is the future future cos once upon a time is retrospective, there were some nanny-annoyers.
The nanny-annoyers liked to parade the streets saying things like 'of course women don't mind when you walk into their room unannounced with another man while they're in bed' and 'what's the point of hiring a clever and kind nanny if you can't show off by contradicting her', and also they brayed quite a lot.
But one day the nanny wrote an essay entitled 'Hegel: Really?' and became the toast of the academic literature town, with Marmite on.
The nanny-annoyers scoffed, and brayed, but one day something happened that they hadn't foreseen, because they were idiots- the children became adolescents.
Oh how they suffered as the bratty youngsters ruined their lives, and oh how they covered their ears futilely when the horrid kids cried 'If only you'd kept nanny Harridan sweet, we might not have been so monstrous', and oh how they wished they hadn't been such enormous braying arseholes.
But alas it was too late for this is a dystopian tale and cannot have a happy ending except for Harridan who was drinking champagne out of Will Self's Nobel statuette.

Laughing out loud That definitely cheered me up!

That bunch of tossers that stand in someone's living room stuffing their gobs with Doritos whilst a bunch of fat Mexicans bang out Human League songs on their flamenco guitars

What. Ever.

No, I don't want you baby

Get off my Telly and f**k the hell off

The Hobbit being three bloody feature length films. The book is only ickle (from what I've been told), so that means we're going to get three bloated, overly long, borefests with endless shots of people wandering around mountain tops. (much like LoTR)

I bet you twenty Hobbit groats or whatever that nothing of consequence will happen in the second installment and it just act to set up everything in the third film.

F**k you Peter Jackson.

No one's going to make you see them, RC. A lot happens in the book, though, so I don't think it's going to be that bloated.

Does 50 shades of grey work for fellas?

Quote: Harridan @ November 28 2012, 3:25 PM GMT

A lot happens in the book, though, so I think it's going to be that bloated.

That's stretching re-editing a little far even by your standards...

Hey I just trimmed it!