Things that piss you off Page 1,141

I get annoyed with cash machines as they often make me look foolish. You choose the amount of money that you want and the little slot where the money comes out from starts whirring and making noises. Therefore, I position my hand by this slot ready to receive the cash. However, this suddenly stops and instead your card flips back out. You then have to move your hand up to take this and then back down to take the cash which has now ejected. I don't need this hand hassle.

It spits your card out first so you don't forget it, I fink.

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 5:18 PM GMT

Can we not have separate queues at the post office for people with things to post and people who can't fill in forms on their own? All 5 cashiers dealing with forms for 20 minutes while a queue of parcel-carriers gets more and more irate!

I think people who hang around to complete their paper work are worse than foxes with rabies.

Albeit the post office always seems like a slice of a genteel communist England.

Quote: Ben @ December 1 2012, 7:15 PM GMT

I get annoyed with cash machines as they often make me look foolish. You choose the amount of money that you want and the little slot where the money comes out from starts whirring and making noises. Therefore, I position my hand by this slot ready to receive the cash. However, this suddenly stops and instead your card flips back out. You then have to move your hand up to take this and then back down to take the cash which has now ejected. I don't need this hand hassle.

And now they want you to cover the keypad with your hand as you type your pin number in so nobody can see it, and that makes you look even more foolish

Do you only have one hand? Huh?

I don't think you understand how cool I am, Keewik. I'm not going to stand there with two outstretched hands. Maybe that's the way you do things in Scotland - specifically, lunging for your partner after a few tins of Tennents Super.

Anyone old enough to remember the first cash machines?

When you put your card in, a protective glass panel moved slowly down revealing the keypad and the screen

That sounds too cool, Lofthouse.

Quote: Ben @ December 1 2012, 9:44 PM GMT

I don't think you understand how cool I am, Keewik.

Ah, vanitas vanitatum, or to put it another way, you should always have the second hand out and at the ready to beat off the mugger just behind you.

Quote: Ben @ December 1 2012, 11:13 PM GMT

That sounds too cool, Lofthouse.

Darn tootin

Also , they dispensed coins

They came tumbling out like a fruit machine paying out

Awesome

Quote: lofthouse @ December 1 2012, 11:08 PM GMT

Anyone old enough to remember the first cash machines?

When you put your card in, a protective glass panel moved slowly down revealing the keypad and the screen

The first ones I remember were from Barclays and you fed in a cheque that had pre-punched holes in it. The bank sent you a supply of them when you used up your last one.

Life's a bitch and then you die.

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ December 1 2012, 7:59 PM GMT

And now they want you to cover the keypad with your hand as you type your pin number in so nobody can see it, and that makes you look even more foolish

Trying to cover the keypad makes me feel a little paranoid. Like I view everyone with suspicion, and I do, occasionally. Especially people who don't respect personal boundaries and are standing so close behind me, I can almost feel their breath on my neck. I enjoy being close to a person, but not at the, ATM.

Nothing beats going to an ATM on a Sunday morning and discovering that it's been totally covered in a drunkard's vomit.

Though what really pisses me off about using cash machines is when I have a total brain freeze and forget my PIN number. I have to go into Jedi mode, stretching my fingers out across the keys and relying on muscle memory to punch in the numbers correctly.

F**king iTunes. I just got used to their horrible interface and then they go and update it. Why do people have to tinker with everything constantly? Just leave things alone! If they work don't touch it. If something doesn't work, fix it without changing everything else. I already use your horrible f**king software/website, what purpose is there in moving everything around every few months? GAH!