Bellamy's People Page 4

Quote: sootyj @ January 22 2010, 10:47 AM GMT

Certainly the worst Mills and Boons novel ever.

Da Fuhrer of mine heart?

Her love was a Holocaust of fire?

Green eyes and yellow discharge?

After the Ball is Over?

Godot - did you like Down The Line?

Never heard it. Imagine it would be much better on the radio - all mimickry is. Dead Ringers was fantastic on R4. You think you're listening to Robbie Williams. As soon as you see John Culshaw you know you're not.

Quote: sootyj @ January 22 2010, 10:27 AM GMT

And one of them gave Hitler syphilis.

Is that the new perfume by Armani?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 22 2010, 1:00 PM GMT

Never heard it. Imagine it would be much better on the radio - all mimickry is. Dead Ringers was fantastic on R4. You think you're listening to Robbie Williams. As soon as you see John Culshaw you know you're not.

Okay. :)

I really enjoyed this, not completely laugh out loud funny, but I was smiling throughout. I think it goes to prove that the Fast Show guys are the greatest comic character actors in the country, just superb. It was great seeing the Down To Line characters brought to life. Good stuff. :D

Quote: chipolata @ January 21 2010, 10:40 PM GMT

Bit disappointing. Some good bits, especially the two old sisters, but it all felt a bit rudderless. Stil, early days.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 21 2010, 11:04 PM GMT

I liked it, but I thought they could have concentrated on less characters per episode, it was shooting all over the place!

Quote: Mr Snodworthy @ January 21 2010, 11:22 PM GMT

Glad to be seeing more of the brilliant Lucy Montgomery

Quote: Badge @ January 22 2010, 12:46 AM GMT

I really wanted to like this but it was a bit disappointing. I'd never listened to Down The Line but I'd heard rave reviews. This was a bit messy and didn't seem to have a structure. There were some good bits but overall it wasn't that funny.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 21 2010, 11:53 PM GMT

Contrast Whitehouse with Mark Wooton's recent turns under rubber. (Can't remember the name of the programme but Aaron will know)

Probably Marc Wootton Exposed.

I lasted 8 minutes.

Got better things to do with my life.

>_<

I enjoyed this, very much in the spirit of the much missed Help. Not much of a script, but it is all about the performances. It did not seem particularly mean spirited to me, no more so than most comedies, and certainly nowhere near as much as, say, People Like Us.

Just caught this on iPlayer and I must say, I did enjoy it. Agree with a lot of the comments that it was cutting too quickly between different characters. Shame they had to go down the rubber prosthetis route, always pulls me out of a show.

Really enjoyed the Armed Robber and Mr. Khan. Some of the other characters I had seen before in various incarnations on different comedy shows - particularly French and Saunders - so it felt a bit tired before it began.

Still, it kept me hooked thanks to it's strong cast, charming performances and overall theme. Rhys was good as the DJ and the Red Button stuff was also very funny.

If I had any real complaints, it was that the show felt really underwritten. You could tell when they were going into free float, improv mode and the humour suffered as a result.

Maybe I adhere too slavishly to a beginning, middle, end routine, but without it, there's no sense of closure.

Enjoyed it. Shows how you can stereotype characters and still be funny, i.e. the cockney in this versus the cockney in the first episode of The Persuasionists. Higson's voice wasnt right for the oold boy but that was the only criticism really. Not huge laughs, but very watchable.

Episode 2 of this tonight. Not full of huge laughs, but entertaining, full of good performances. Hopefully they'll settle down a bit in this episode and focus on characters for a little longer than ep 1.

And people have been attacking The Persuasionists...

Quote: Aaron @ January 28 2010, 10:30 PM GMT

And people have been attacking The Persuasionists...

I've enjoyed the last two episodes of that. I found myself flicking channels ten minutes into tonights episode of this, it didn't really grab me today.

Another good episode tonight, it's really starting to grow on me. Some brilliant one liners tonight, again my two favourites are the Armed Robber and Mr. Khan, just superbly realised.