- Sketch Show
- BBC Two
- 8 (1 series)
- Rhys Thomas, Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson, Lucy Montgomery, Amelia Bullmore, Simon Day, Felix Dexter, Rosie Cavaliero and more
- Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson, Rhys Thomas, Simon Day, Felix Dexter, Lucy Montgomery, Rosie Cavaliero, Amelia Bullmore and Adil Ray
- Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson
- Ali Bryer Carron, Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson and Mark Freeland
Award winning journalist Gary Bellamy (Rhys Thomas), host of Radio 4's 'groundbreaking' phone-in programme Down the Line, transfers to TV to present the tortuously-titled factual entertainment show "Bellamy's People (of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)".
Bellamy abandons the comfort of his studio and jumps in his Triumph Stag "personality vehicle" to travel the length and breadth of the land meeting the people of Britain and trying to find out what makes them tick. His aim is to elicit their views on topics ranging from crime and religion to class and culture. Much like his radio phone-in show, each week will focus on a particular topic of discussion.
The show promises to deliver quintessentially British characters, including a 23-stone man who rarely leaves his bed; a pair of aristocratic sisters with an unhealthy love of totalitarian regimes; a barely reformed celebrity criminal; Christians, Muslims; and a host of other characters that make up modern Britain.
- Also known as
- Bellamy's People (Of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland)