Bellamy's People Page 11

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 19 2010, 9:57 AM GMT

Was he in that with Laura Solon? ;)

:D He was. But she was very much overshadowed by Alexa Chung.

She couldn't overshadow a peanut.

As ever, meandering. But I liked the shaven women from the garden and the young Muslim women.

Paul Whitehouse was on the Danny Baker show recently talking about how DTL came about and stuff.
Apparently the TV show was originally going to be called Bellamy's Britain.
But they decided to change it to avoid unnecessary comparisons.

I love this show and thought it was another good episode this week. Humphrey was superb again and I enjoyed Robert Popper promoting Tarvuism :D

New to this forum.

I'm loving this series. The most recent episode about religion was the best yet. It managed to to make great humour out of the ridiculousness of religion without being overtly blasphemous. I think some of the writers/performers, especially Charlie Higson, must be atheistic or agnostic. His old duffer (Humphrey?) going on his "I worship Mr. Wobble!" critique of religion and Bellamy/Rhys cracking up (which they wisely left in shot) was the highlight for me. No one in modern comedy can do pathos as well as Higson, as evidenced in the previous episode with Humphrey and his forgetfulness/tipex sketch routine.

Quote: ice9 @ February 28 2010, 2:13 PM GMT

I think some of the writers/performers, especially Charlie Higson, must be atheistic or agnostic.

I think most comedians seem to be.

as evidenced in the previous episode with Humphrey and his forgetfulness/tipex sketch routine.

Hee, loved that bit.

This series has definitely grown on me. It works much better now the episodes seem to have themes. Why they didn't have the confidence in the idea to do that from episode 1 I don't know - the first episode was such a jumble it would surely have been better to have its own clear theme.

Quote: chipolata @ February 25 2010, 10:35 PM GMT

As ever, meandering. But I liked the shaven women from the garden and the young Muslim woman.

This is not off topic, it's what I thought of last weeks show. Meandering, but I liked the women from The Garden and the young Muslim woman.

What is point, 'off topic'?

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 5 2010, 9:42 AM GMT

What is point, 'off topic'?

It's to stop threads veering wildly off course and discussing everything but the show they're supposed to. Which is fair enough. But it's slightly ridiculous to start blanking out posts that are on topic.

As for last nights show. I enjoyed Bellamy at the cult headquarters. The wife was particularly funny, as was the last exchange when Charlie Higson wanted to "inspire" Bellamy's girlfriend.

But what is point, 'off topic'?

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 5 2010, 9:50 AM GMT

But what is point, 'off topic'?

Ah, I see what you're doing there! :D