Bellamy's People Page 6

Quote: William Wogan @ January 31 2010, 6:21 PM GMT

Well I think most DTL fans should like Bellamy's People

Not neccessarily. I love DTL but so far Bellamy's People has been a frustrating disappointment.

Did anybody manage to get this week's red button stuff? My signal was all messed up and I haven't been able to see it yet.

Bellamy's People, overall, isn't quite working is it. The acting is exemplary, and there are a couple of great characters, but the rest is a bit 'meh'.

Quote: Afinkawan @ February 1 2010, 11:17 AM GMT

Did anybody manage to get this week's red button stuff? My signal was all messed up and I haven't been able to see it yet.

The red button extras are available to watch via the BBC Comedy Blog. Here's the one you missed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/comedy/2010/01/bellamys-babes-cake-bake.shtml

There are some good moments that I really laughed at but at lot of it is just to flat. The cutting back and forth is too quick and I really don't like Rhys Thomas's Garry Bellamy.

Quote: William Wogan @ January 31 2010, 6:21 PM GMT

Well I think most DTL fans should like Bellamy's People

I didn't.

Oh, DTL... don't know that.

I watched the first one of these and found it pretty dull. Haven't seen any more, and it doesn't sound like I've missed much.

I'm watchng this now and I'm liking it so far

Tonight's was quality. Funniest new 30 mins of TV programming I've seen all week

I'm with Mr Putters on this one when it comes to the battle of the bearded Daves.

I admire Bellamy's botanical knowledge but the Hairy Cornflake just pips it for me because he's a funster and a loony.

I thought this was the strongest episode so far. Making "what it means to be British" the topic gave it more focus.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 4 2010, 10:50 PM GMT

I'm with Mr Putters on this one when it comes to the battle of the bearded Daves.

I admire Bellamy's botanical knowledge but the Hairy Cornflake just pips it for me because he's a funster and a loony.

:D I was gonna do a Bellamy one too! Laughing out loud

"Gwapple me gwapples" etc. :D

Lol, tonight's episode was absolutely brilliant. I agree with one of the above posters: its great now they have established enough characters they can jump between them according to the topic.

Can't wait for episode 4!

I missed most of tonight's as I decided it would be a good time to cook. Wasn't overly impressed with what I did see.

This show needed proper scripts. The characters are ok, but I can see decent characters in my local pub.

Quote: Mark @ February 3 2010, 7:50 PM GMT

The red button extras are available to watch via the BBC Comedy Blog. Here's the one you missed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/comedy/2010/01/bellamys-babes-cake-bake.shtml

Nice one - thanks!

Yeah, this series is OK, it's not really getting any better and it's definitely not as good as the radio series.

I think maybe with the radio series, Bellamy is sort of at the mercy of the idiots who phone in and can quickly move on from them in an amusing way - which makes the dynamic a lot different from the TV show.

With the TV show, he's purposely gone out to find these people and can't just shut them down if they say something horribly racist or whatever. I think it exposes the weakness of few of the characters and definitely waters down Bellamy's personality.

Still, a reasonably enjoyable show. I'm not going to stop watching it or anything.

The highlight last night was Felix Dexter as the African British Patriot ad-libbing.