Bellamy's People Page 10

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2010, 12:01 AM GMT

I wonder if 'Fat Emma' (if that was her name} got paid, as she didn't say anything.

I always feel sorry for actors who exist solely to be the butt of 'ugly jokes' in comedy shows. I'm sure when they were growing up they didn't dream of being Unattractive Woman Who Doesn't Say Anything But Is Mocked For How She Looks By More Attractive Women In Okay Sketch Show.

:(

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2010, 10:24 PM GMT

I think rather than getting better, it's just growing on people.

I don't. I do think the dynamic has changed; were they flipping around between different characters so quickly or constantly this week? I didn't get the impression so.

Haven't posted on here in a bit, but just wanted to say how much I've been loving Bellamy's People. I'm a massive Down The Line fan so I'm very happy the TV series is good too. The first two episodes were enjoyable, if a little slow-paced, but the last two have been superb, helped by the fact that they had a running theme, making them feel similar in tone to the radio series. Very good stuff, and nice to see it is an 8 episode run. :)

Quote: zooo @ February 13 2010, 3:55 AM GMT

Do you mean the 'I was vey, vey drunk' character?

Yes

Ah, well I agree with that. Maybe it was an homage?

A pretty strong episode tonight. Some of it is just uncomfortable to watch; neither funny, nor overly interesting, and often somewhat confrontational, but other bits are really quite good. I think they were cutting between people a little faster again this week, but still not to the same extent as they had done previously.

Another good 'un this week. 'Don't watch me piss I'm a lady' was brilliant along with Tony Beckton's book reading and Baal.

There were a handful of good laughs, but for me it just doesn't jel. Simon Day was great as ever, and I loved his book reading and the stuff about the rhesus monkey, but there was alot of duff stuff. The chav girls are just unpleasant, while the Robert Popper character was annoying. Overall, frustrating.

I'm just watching last weeks & I agree that one of PW characters is a lot like a Rowley Birkin if he could talk.
But a bit younger.

Well I laughed a lot at last night's episode. Robert Popper's Baal was brilliant, good to see Mr Kahn again and the book reading was very funny. Lucy Montgomery just looks too posh to be a totally convincing chav on the town, though.

I found Baal's voice grating. Although the bit about buttons being thrown at him in the street was funny. And I liked when Bellamy slapped Felix Dexter at the end and things took a nasty turn.

The voice being so annoying was partly what I found funny. He was one of those people you want to cough before they talk. You're going to get another telling off from Bellamy, Chip.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 19 2010, 9:49 AM GMT

You're going to get another telling off from Bellamy, Chip.

Rhys Thomas has already PMed me to apologise. Not for his abusive comments last week but for his involvement in BBC3's The Wall. Pleased

Quote: chipolata @ February 19 2010, 9:55 AM GMT

Rhys Thomas has already PMed me to apologise. Not for his abusive comments last week but for his involvement in BBC3's The Wall. Pleased

Was he in that with Laura Solon? ;)