Miranda - Series 1 Page 30

Saw this for the first time at the weekend (what a weekend). I quite like it but I found myself laughing less and less as the episodes wore on. I could do with more Frankie Howerd-isms as well.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 30 2009, 9:07 AM GMT

Is the sitcom genre one last bastion of male sovereignty that some of them/us are unwilling to let go without, at the very least, a derisory put down or two? Miranda seems to have revived the old battle of the sexes somewhat. Methinks.

Speaking as a sexist, I can tell you that when it comes to comedy 'all cats are grey' as they say in Argentina.

I like the Miranda show and loved Pulling but I can't stand Victoria Wood or most female stand ups.

Something either makes you laugh or it doesn't. I'm not going to argue why people should or shouldn't like Miranda anymore, it's entirely down to subjective taste.

If you don't watch the show because you find Miranda Hart sexually unnattractive, then that is a shame because you're missing out on some top notch gags.

If you feel the need to attack Miranda Hart because you think she is an abomination to all mankind and an affront to your visual senses, then save your breath.

She's got her own show, loads of other gigs lined up, she's bringing home the money and because she's on telly, she's getting a regular shagging from any number of geezers.

Oh and she probably lezzes it off with Jo Brand, try masturbating now suckas!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 30 2009, 5:28 PM GMT

she's bringing home the money

She's certainly bringing home the bacon. And judging by the size of her body - the chips, crisps and cakes too.

Correction: apparently Mr Dagger watched this the other night when I had fallen asleep. Admittedly he watched it because Sally Phillips was in, but now says he thought it 'okay'.

Quote: don rushmore @ November 30 2009, 5:50 PM GMT

She's certainly bringing home the bacon. And judging by the size of her body - the chips, crisps and cakes too.

Nice.

She's more tall than fat, I'd say.

She's someone who you probably could say is just big boned, as I wouldn't say she looks fat.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 30 2009, 7:40 PM GMT

She's someone who you probably could say is just big boned, as I wouldn't say she looks fat.

Not within swinging distance, anyway.

Absolutely brilliant episode. Fantastically hilarious from start to finish. To say I loled would be an understatement.

Best episode of the series so far tonight, really had me laughing out loud. The banter between Miranda and the room service guy was hilarious.

Great stuff.

Quote: Aaron @ November 30 2009, 9:19 PM GMT

Absolutely brilliant episode. Fantastically hilarious from start to finish.

Agreed. Great episode tonight.

The only soft underbelly on show, being the one poking out from beneath Miranda's blouse.

Tried to watch this again, but couldn't get into it.

My favourite so far too. :)

Can't wait to watch it tomorrow. Well obviously I can but you know what I mean. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 30 2009, 9:19 PM GMT

loled

Sick

Sorry.

I was surprised to see such a good one after a slightly ropey one last week. They followed up the worst one with the best one so far.