Miranda - Series 1 Page 28

Quote: jim field @ November 28 2009, 11:08 PM GMT

However, and this is a fact, producers say season to refer to a series. Often they will use both terms, but more often than not it is season.

Actually I don't have any real problem with believing that the BBC is staffed with wannabees who think they work in LA.

And neither of us have ANY need to blow each other, trust me on that.

I am sure a man of your obvious charm is a babe magnet. You may even use that very term.

I'll give Miranda a final throw of the dice this week.

Surely it can't get an worse.

Quote: LAUGH?NEARLYDIED @ November 29 2009, 1:29 PM GMT

Is there any point? The likelihood is very strong that the show isn't going to magically change into something you like. Even if it is slightly funnier you probably won't think so and will just keep on slating it. Either stop watching it or just admit that you like to hate certain things and get pleasure out being continually negative about them. I'm not judging you or other Miranda knockers and I'm not saying 'Don't post negative thoughts', or 'All Miranda posters have to like it', just spare us from these false 'I'll give it one more go claims'. Admit you hate it and be done with it, why don't you. Good afternoon.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 29 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

Blah blah blah...Miranda knockers...blah blah blah blah...

Tee hee!

Quote: LAUGH?NEARLYDIED @ November 29 2009, 1:29 PM GMT

It's been brilliant so far. If you've not enjoyed it then that's because it's not to your sense of humour - it's not going to magically 'improve'.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 29 2009, 2:21 PM GMT

Tee hee!

Laughing out loud
Great minds...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 29 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

Is there any point? The likelihood is very strong that the show isn't going to magically change into something you like. Even if it is slightly funnier you probably won't think so and will just keep on slating it. Either stop watching it or just admit that you like to hate certain things and get pleasure out being continually negative about them. I'm not judging you or other Miranda knockers and I'm not saying 'Don't post negative thoughts', or 'All Miranda posters have to like it', just spare us from these false 'I'll give it one more go claims'. Admit you hate it and be done with it, why don't you. Good afternoon.

Jolly well said.

Quote: jim field @ November 28 2009, 9:15 PM GMT

The people I know in the industry all say 'season', so I shall stick to the zeitgeist.

Make up your mind. Season or zeitgeist?

It is just silly and enjoyable. Nothing challenging or thought provoking.

Although I wouldn't agree with the use of langauge I totally agree with MP re your harsh criticism of one of the greatest television shows to grace our screens since the incomparable My Family at the tern of the century.

Back on topic now please.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 29 2009, 11:50 PM GMT

And the winner is...

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Watched it tonight.

It's alright. Probably one of the better Brit comedies around at the minute. I laughed 3 times and smiled four. Overall a decent result.