Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 19

Tate was a waste of space. On that performance alone, Jo Wiley should be made the doctors assistant.

Looks like I'm on my own again (ya bunch of miserables), but I thought this ep was great fun I really enjoyed it. Cribbins and Tate were both ace (yes I think she was just mucking around for effect), Wiley is milftastic and Tennant did ok (especially his fist-shaking at Barrowman). Just a good, fun ep is all I can say.

For those who liked Tennant on Buzzcocks, he will appear on QI on Christmas Eve. Previews are available on the BCG's video section.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 17 2009, 4:33 PM GMT

and Tennant did ok (especially his fist-shaking at Barrowman).

Oh yes! That made me lolz.

I quite like David Tennant, hes got an air of boyish enthusiam about him..perfect for Dr Who and I thought he did a good job keeping things swinging along as guest presenter...hes not, to my knowledge, looking to apply for a full time position! so the Doc done good.
Catherine Tate was playing to the gallery I think, and not taking it too seriously...isnt that the way it should be?? Did enjoy the joke about the guy with a steering wheel stuck down his pants...."its driving me nuts"!!

Tennant was/is dire. Ditto Tate.

The show died when Amstell left and took the zeitgeist with him.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ December 18 2009, 6:35 PM GMT

Did enjoy the joke about the guy with a steering wheel stuck down his pants...."its driving me nuts"!!

Peter Kay used to do that gag. And before him several other comics. Who did it on Buzzcocks then? Tate?

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 18 2009, 8:13 PM GMT

Peter Kay used to do that gag. And before him several other comics. Who did it on Buzzcocks then? Tate?

She was given the set up about the man going to the doctors with a steering wheel in his pants and she still couldn't get it - 'I know this one, steering my balls!!! Snort, snort, snort!'

After about 5 goes and with help from her team she finally gave the punchline to one of the oldest jokes known to man.

No doubt, Tate defenders will come out with some bollocks like 'women aren't good at remembering jokes' - her stand up act must have been a barrel of f**king laughs then.

Oh come on! It WAS funny when he said "Doctor I've got a strawberry on my head" and she said "are you a cone?"

Quote: jim field @ December 18 2009, 7:37 PM GMT

Tennant was/is dire. Ditto Tate.

The show died when Amstell left and took the zeitgeist with him.

It may have died, but it was temporarily resurrected when Mr Boyle was plonked in the hosting seat :D

Quote: Joey Moose @ December 18 2009, 10:46 PM GMT

It may have died, but it was temporarily resurrected when Mr Boyle was plonked in the hosting seat :D

Surely it regenerated?

Sign of a good joke surely is its repetition by various other comics....no one will bother repeating a dud that fell flat in the first place will they?? did ya hear the one about....!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ December 19 2009, 11:54 AM GMT

....no one will bother repeating a dud that fell flat in the first place will they??

I doubt anyone laughed at 'why did the chicken cross the road?' first time round.

Someone must have laughed...somewhere..but that's the thing about humour isnt it? its down to individual taste...that why for instance I 'get' lets say Alan Partridge but not Last of the summer wine (nothing against it but one makes me laugh and the other generally dosent) Anyway this thread is about Buzzcocks...sorry to meander!

This has been a weeeeird series of Buzzcocks. Last series was weird because of changing guest captains but guest hosts makes the show even shakier. The quality of the episode seems entirely dependent on who's hosting. I'm glad to say Fielding hasn't been as disasterous as I was worried he would be just ..not funny anymore. But he's quite fine, and I still adore Jupitus.

Tennant, Walliams - most unimpressive. Boyle, Freeman - surprisingly good. If I had to pick somebody to become permanent host, I wouldn't pick anybody.

Favourite moment? Jupitus walking out in the Freeman episode where Dappy made fat jokes. Poor Phill, I don't blame him one bit but it made for great comedy.