Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 18

Quote: Chappers @ December 11 2009, 1:16 AM GMT

And who was the bloke in Jupitus's team?

Richard Herring Laughing out loud

Quote: Joey Moose @ December 15 2009, 1:40 AM GMT

:D That's Chappers!

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 10 2009, 4:01 PM GMT

Even Jack Whitehall always seems to be vaguely shocked that he's appearing on TV. I think there must be a few women behind the scenes who feel very maternal to this boy, which is the only reason for him constantly turning-up on our screens as far as I can tell. He would be better served by going back to comedy school for a few more years before he tries to play with the big boys. (Oh, and I'm aware that I sound like a bitter old man, btw. ;))

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 10 2009, 2:19 PM GMT

It'll never happen, Jack Whitehall ticks too many boxes for the Beeb types - young, attractive, non-threatening sexuality so young girls and gays fancy him and let's not forget that he's got a posh voice and from a well to do background.

I saw him live about 18 months ago with a friend who is gay and neither of us liked him or his material at all. In fact we slagged him off to each other throughout his whole set and then realised his mummy and daddy were standing right behind us and must have gathered we weren't too keen on their little boy, who needs to buy a f**king belt to keep his trousers up.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 15 2009, 9:37 AM GMT

I saw him live about 18 months ago with a friend who is gay and neither of us liked him or his material at all. In fact we slagged him off to each other throughout his whole set and then realised his mummy and daddy were standing right behind us and must have gathered we weren't too keen on their little boy, who needs to buy a f**king belt to keep his trousers up.

Laughing out loud

Aw, bless, inviting his parents to his gigs. :P

I have been inspired to watch some clips of Jack Whitehall on YouTube. It made me want to poke my eyes out with rusty teaspoons, just so I had something to stuff in my ears, but apart from that, not too bad at all.

Just finished watching the Doctor Who: Nevermind the Buzzcocks.

On the upside, Bernard Cribbins was hilarious.

On the downside...where do I begin? Unfortunately, I don't have a 'man crush' on David Tennant, so I was painfully aware when he...read...his...jokes...from...the...autocue.

For some strange reason, I always thought that Catherine Tate was more intelligent then that, but really, her display of ignorance over just about everything was really shocking.

That ditzy, girly, airhead stuff is quite cute when done by a fit 19 year old but from a middle aged woman, it's kind of embarrassing.

Was impressed with Jo Wiley's Doctor Who knowledge - I expected her to get the music stuff, what with being a DJ.

Jamie Calgon was his usual non-existent self, contributing absolutely nothing to the party. Though he and Pete Docherty would make a good set of Cabbage Patch Dolls.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time, I just wish I could have joined in.

It wasn't a great episode. It wasn't bad though! I liked bits.
Tate is always dumb about Doctor Who stuff, she knows nothing, but when talking about other things she is very intelligent and funny and charming and stuff.

Re David, of course he read from the autocue, he is neither a comedian nor a presenter! Give him a break. He's normally doing TV acting where you don't even look at the camera or 3 hour long Shakespeare without autocue, he's not used to doing it seamlessly, innit.

Quote: zooo @ December 16 2009, 11:15 PM GMT

Re David, of course he read from the autocue, he is neither a comedian nor a presenter! Give him a break. He's normally doing TV acting where you don't even look at the camera or 3 hour long Shakespeare without autocue, he's not used to doing it seamlessly, innit.

Aw bless. <3 Hug Lovey <3 Hug Sick

Bugger off, pissflaps.
:)

Quote: zooo @ December 16 2009, 11:21 PM GMT

Bugger off, pissflaps.
:)

Laughing out loud

Quote: Joey Moose @ December 15 2009, 1:40 AM GMT

The other bloke. Not Herring. I know him as the round faced postie in Time Gentlemen Please.

Bean faced!

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2009, 12:10 AM GMT

Bean faced!

Sorry - you're right!

So who was the other bloke then?

I supppose I go along with the general consensus. It was not brilliant, but it had its moments and Bernard was great.

Can someone enlighten me as to the camaraderie which exists on set in productions like Doctor Who? I ask because during one of the 'Confidentials', the woman who played a Malmooth called Chanthois said that she didn't get to 'meet' David Tennant on set, despite them filming scenes together, and she had to ask to go and meet him afterwards. Is filming so hectic that the actors don't even greet each other, nor have they ever met before?