Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009)

OK... well, it started tonight then. Anything to say? Anything at all?

No?

Please yourselves.

:)

BCG info...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/never_mind_the_buzzcocks/

Oh shit I missed it.

I watched it and didn't turn over. Can't remember if I laughed to much though, it was over half an hour ago to be fair. I'll watch next week as there wasn't anything else on.

First one I've watched all the way through in a while. I enjoyed it; thought Fielding was fine as a captain and Corden handled the host role well. Jupitus didn't seem to do much.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2009, 10:34 PM BST

Jupitus didn't seem to do much.

No change there then.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 1 2009, 10:36 PM BST

No change there then.

Quite. :D

Quote: Moonstone @ October 1 2009, 10:30 PM BST

Oh shit I missed it.

Also.

It actually wasn't that bad. Jeaneneenee Garrraffalllo or whatever didn't add much to the proceedings (jet lag?) but the rest of the guests made up for it by throwing in some comedy quips.

The lack of a host will stand or fall depending on the level of guest they have on a particular week. If they get on some sulky indie bloke or an inarticulate rapper, I can imagine the show falling apart.

On the plus side, I was highly entertained by the female singer as she reminded me of Ruby Mae for some reason.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 1 2009, 11:45 PM BST

It actually wasn't that bad.

The lack of a host will stand or fall depending on the level of guest they have on a particular week. If they get on some sulky indie bloke or an inarticulate rapper, I can imagine the show falling apart.

On the plus side, I was highly entertained by the female singer

^ All of that. ^

Not awesome. But better than I'd feared. I'd even go so far as to say that Corden is a superior host to Amstell. There was still that air of hostility, but it wasn't quite as overpowering or all-encompassing.

I did roll my eyes at Noel's rainbows rubbish (see Scatterbrained Floozy's previous comment on his use of the 'random' humour in the show, in the other thread), but he was pleasingly normal and grounded on the whole.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 1 2009, 11:45 PM BST

I rather hope they've managed to nab (former guest host) Ricky Wilson for this series. He was excellent the last time he did it.

It's going to be too difficult to watch it without Simon.

I thought Corden was a horrible host who managed to kill pretty much every auto-cue gag with his poor delivery and did his usual massivly over-the-top laugh to try and get some laughs. I can't stand the guy on the best of days and his performance on this did nothing to change my mind about him. I didn't find that many laughs in this episode and the few that I did came from Phil on the most part, although I did think Noel was quite funny in the line-up round.

Overall it was meh. Watchable I guess.

His over the top laugh was quite disturbing but number 4 on the line up (the women) was a piece of good lookin' vagina.

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ October 2 2009, 1:15 AM BST

I thought Corden was a horrible host who managed to kill pretty much every auto-cue gag with his poor delivery and did his usual massivly over-the-top laugh to try and get some laughs.

I had to turn off, largely due to his laugh, but also other things about him, like his air-piano. And I don't really care what his favourite Toto track is.

However, I do like the script, the gags are pretty good. Perhaps they should just dump Corden and broadcast the autocue to us.

I'm a bit worried about watching this new episode since James Corden is hosting it... Amstell was really the only reason I continued watching this show.

However I do have a question... On the Wikipedia episode listing it shows none other than Johnny Depp as a guest on an episode coming up in a few weeks. Can anyone verify this?? I can't believe that he would actually appear on this show. Depp is a major A lister and this show seems to usually be reserved for B and C list celebs. Who knows, maybe he's a fan.