Modern Family Page 6

Quote: olijba @ December 9 2010, 7:54 PM GMT

Does anyone know if this has been released on DVD yet? I saw it online but can't find it anywhere in shops!

It has, unless my DVD shelf is lying to me again.

It has an annoying orange spine.

Been watching season 1 of this on the DVD. Great stuff. Just the right side of sentimental.

Just found this being repeated weeknights on Sky1. It is über-ace! Love it!

As mentioned before, there are no bad characters, but special mention to Jay (Ed O'Neill) who is *so* dry it hurts.

"Why is that something we have to do?" -- probably the funniest line in anything I watched for a long time.

Dan

Sky plays very, very hardball when they want a big show

The f**kers got Lost, BCG and some other stuff.

Quote: Griff @ January 16 2011, 10:39 PM GMT

Yes I'm just discovering Series One of this via the magic of DVD and it's fantastically good. Why the BBC or C4 haven't snapped this up for a primetime slot is beyond me.

I remember when the BBC first got Arrested Development, they put it on in a decent 10pm slot. Nobody watched and they bounced it intf the graveyard slot. The British public are fools.

I adore this.
I love the gay couple but my fav character is the geeky Dad that just wants to fit in.

Season 2 resumes on Sky tonight

Have only just got around to watching this show in the last couple of weeks. Now an avid fan. Agree with all the positive comments on this one. Great writing, great cast, manages to stay just far enough away from becoming too sentimental/twee. Another hit from Christopher Lloyd.

Plus, as a teenage fan of late-night ITV screenings of Married With Children, I adore anything with the great Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy) in. Really good that he gets another chance to show what a superb comic actor he is.

*puts one hand down front of pants*

:)

I wish the current series would hurry up and end so they'll release the DVD! Ditto parks and Rec, 30 Rock and Community!

Halfway through my season 2 DVD. Still great.

I find this show to be one of the best American sitcoms ever. Mind you I usually find myself supporting British sitcoms more than any other. I find most American sitcoms really bad and the laughter track for these shows is overused in the extreme. It kicks in when there's nothing even remotely funny.

Modern Family is actually very funny at times. My favourite character is Phil. He is a nutter so he is. With a dad/husband like that how on earth does that family manage to survive day to day I will never know. Haley is kind of funny as well at times. Phil and Haley. My only hated character (which won't go down well with some) is Gloria. He voice and her antics get under my skin big time so they do. Gloria's accent is a bit grating at the best of times.

Still there's more good that bad in this excellent show.

This really is a great show. It staggers me how well they deal with such a full cast. Quality stuff, every episode.

Just started getting into this. I'm about 10 into the first series and I've enjoyed every one.

I think the Dad props up the show at times, as the real stand-out class act.

Only bad thing I can say is that the mockumentary feel is somewhat inconsistent with the dad being the only one who seems to be constantly aware of a film crew. Most of the rest of the cast don't even look at the camera, unless they're doing a talking head shot.

Still... Very good!

I never even think of the mockumentary thing. It barely registers at all since they hardly use it.
So I do think they could have done without it completely. But it doesn't bother me.