Modern Family Page 5

I just love them all. Our V+ recording of s02e02 failed, so internets here we come.

Finished the first season now, tis a great show. It's odd in that there's not too much to it at times, but all the characters are so great you don't care.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 6 2010, 11:42 PM GMT

Finished the first season now, tis a great show. It's odd in that there's not too much to it at times

It helps that there's three separate but interconnected families and a twenty minute running time. If it was a British sitcom you'd have had one family and an arduous thirty minute running time.

Quote: chipolata @ November 7 2010, 12:48 PM GMT

It helps that there's three separate but interconnected families and a twenty minute running time. If it was a British sitcom you'd have had one family and an arduous thirty minute running time.

I do love the speed of many American sitcoms, like this, 30 Rock or Arrested Development.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 7 2010, 1:04 PM GMT

I do love the speed of many American sitcoms, like this, 30 Rock or Arrested Development.

Yes, they pack such a lot in. Ironically the Arrested Development DVD has a thirty minute version of the pilot and it just isn't as funny as the twenty minute one.

Quote: chipolata @ November 7 2010, 1:13 PM GMT

Yes, they pack such a lot in. Ironically the Arrested Development DVD has a thirty minute version of the pilot and it just isn't as funny as the twenty minute one.

I've owned that forever and have never watched it. Now I have plans for the afternoon. :)

Quote: chipolata @ November 7 2010, 1:13 PM GMT

Yeah, I've watched that slightly expanded pilot too, doesn't quite work as well.

I'm a relative late comer to Modern Family but find it extremely entertaining. Cleverly written, well acted and just a show where I look forward to watching the next episode.

Just coming to the end of the first episode. Lion King entrance was too funny. Now I've go the pilot over with, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Oh it gets better and better.

Excellent. Are there plenty of seasons? I was gutted that Better Of Ted finished just as it was getting into its stride.

We're on the second, and I think it's been picked up for a third.

Lovelys. Thanks Nat.

A pleasure.

Does anyone know if this has been released on DVD yet? I saw it online but can't find it anywhere in shops!