How Not To Live Your Life - Series 2 Page 7

Quote: Stan Doubt @ October 7 2009, 4:12 PM BST

It'll be good to encourage more comedies to get better each series and this is a good example of that.

It has got better, yes, which is obviously great, and shows that some sitcoms just need time to develop, but I'd still favour Peep Show over it.

I'll have to watch the latest episode tonight, I went and forgot it was on yesterday. The lead guy reminds me of Bussell. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 7 2009, 4:15 PM BST

It has got better, yes, which is obviously great, and shows that some sitcoms just need time to develop, but I'd still favour Peep Show over it.

I'll have to watch the latest episode tonight, I went and forgot it was on yesterday. The lead guy reminds me of Bussell. :D

I knew I'd set the tiger among the kookaburra...

To clarify -- it's not as good as Peep Show (mouth washed out) but, point being, the gulf in quality between the series is bigger than Peep Show's. In that way, admittedly, Peep Show can't win, having raised the bar so early on it can't beat it (dog episode aside ;) )

I think How Not To Live Your Life should get some recognition for that leap in quality though. And it wasn't that bad to start with!

LOL at the Bussell observation. And it's not just the looks! ;) (Sorry, David...)

Dan

Really liked last night's show. Very funny stuff.

It was the first one of this series that I'd watched and, on this evidence, it's improved a lot from the first series.

Brilliant episode.

Her name is Laura Haddock?!

Lucky she's so pretty with a name like that. :)
(Of course her first name is beautiful and lovely.)

Just watched last night's episode - very funny! Gayman!

Quote: swerytd @ October 7 2009, 5:35 PM BST

LOL at the Bussell observation. And it's not just the looks! ;) (Sorry, David...)

Great, more TV I need to watch.

I just saw this for the first time tonight and was surprised when I came on here to see it was in its second series.

This show is awful totally dislikable unrelatable characters and poor jokes mixed with bad/over acting.

The episode I watched was one where the guy thinks he's gay.

I think it's a slow burner.

Maybe but I probably won't watch it again.

I wanted to stop watching after about 10 mins or so but forced myself to keep watching because I didn't want to be one of those people who watch 10 mins of a show then talk about how much they hate it.

But to be honest I can't see myself wanting to watch it again unless there's absoulutly nothing else to do and then I'd only be watching it to see if it really is a slow burner.

Quote: Bam! @ October 10 2009, 1:34 AM BST

Maybe but I probably won't watch it again.

Heh! That's where the slow burner method falls down.

Have become a fan of this show after not really thinking much of it early on in Series 1. The episode with Barratt was great. Lot of good lines in that one especially the "Theo did you park the Oldsmobile in the garage...in the garaaaage.?"

The gayman one seemed a bit over the top even for Don, still funny though.

Quote: Bam! @ October 10 2009, 1:26 AM BST

The episode I watched was one where the guy thinks he's gay.

That was very funny.

I really like Dan Clark's performance in this, it's a very easy-going style. And he wrote it too, the talented bastard.

Quote: Aaron @ October 11 2009, 5:20 PM BST

That was very funny.

I liked the concept I just didn't enjoy the characters, actors or jokes.

Anyway, I just wanted give my opinion since a lot of people seem to like it and I didn't. But I'm trying not to make loads of posts calling it crap because I hate it when people do that!
Whistling nnocently