How Not To Live Your Life - Series 2 Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ September 16 2009, 10:20 AM BST

To me, great shows have great lines, regardless of the "type" of show they are. IMO this didn't have any, which is a reflection of the fairly pedestrian and uninspiring writing.

That's just your taste, everyone has different ones and this, as well as quite a few other shows, maybe wasn't made to meet your preferred requirements. So it's no failure of this show that it hasn't achieved something it didn't set out to.

I think it attracts a decent sized audience which is good enough. It's gone down quite well here too. Different strokes and all that.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 16 2009, 10:36 AM BST

So it's no failure of this show that it hasn't achieved something it didn't set out to.

It didn't set out to be memorable? Or to be anything other than television muzak? In that case, hats off to it! It succeeded admirably! :)

Enjoyed the first series and enjoyed the first episode of series two. :)

However as much as I did enjoy it, it kinda felt a wee bit predictable (but kinda got away with it).

One line that stood out from the rest (which wasn't that many) was "kissing a tramp's balls". :D

Despite all of the praise, I don't actually remember the "kissing a tramp's balls" line. When/where was it?

Quote: Aaron @ September 16 2009, 2:16 PM BST

Despite all of the praise, I don't actually remember the "kissing a tramp's balls" line. When/where was it?

The bit where he was in bed, just before it turned out he was urinating into a bag.

Ah, ok, yes. I wasn't paying attention properly at that point. :)

Quote: chipolata @ September 16 2009, 2:19 PM BST

The bit where he was in bed, just before it turned out he was urinating into a bag.

See Chip, it was memorable in your eyes!

It was also mentioned by Eddie when he was expositioning to Mrs Treacher about renting the room out.

Really enjoyed it especially Eddie. Didn't think I'd like the old lady but she was quite good. I like the new flatmate as well.

I thought it was brill. Very funny. The dynamic between Don and the new girl is very well executed -- I like that very much.

Eddie and Don being very 'couply' is working well too. Looking forward to more.

Dan

I really dislike annoying female characters in comedies who are only there to annoy the main loser. My favourite part of the episode was the milk ordering and the deoderant spraying (I so relate to that). Hilarious. And I love the granny stuff.

Very funny. Liked it. Continued in that marked improvement from series 1. :)

Quote: EllieJP @ September 16 2009, 8:56 AM BST

I liked the old lady... she was funny. However, I must have been in a funny mood as I didn't laugh that much. Except for when he called her Yoda. Laughing out loud

That Yoda joke was hilarious :)

I quite like the show, it has its moments and every so often he will come out with or do something that nobody would dream of unless they wanted to be sent to a mental hospital. Love it.

I wasn't impressed last week, but I found myself quite enjoying last night's episode. It zipped a long at a nice pace and there were quite a few funny moments. I still think the supporting characters are underwritten, and some of the dialogue needs punching up, but I'm starting to warm to the show.

Just watched this. Phew - the first episode of this was poor - which was a shame as I watched it with g'friend while saying 'this is a really good show' and now she's suspicious of any of my recommendations. But this episode was much better - on a par with the best from series one. Mrs T was funnier, Don was more like the Don from the first series, and they didn't OD on Eddie who is brilliant in small doses.

Really enjoyed last night's, had me laughing throughout.