How Not To Live Your Life - Series 2 Page 6

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 5 2009, 6:57 PM BST

(I bet he actually does have a chart, an' all.)

Only in my poor quality brain. Not on the wall with post-it notes and crayon writing, and that. That would be silly. Wouldn't it? Mmm.

Laughing out loud at tonight's episode!!

Eddy's final line in tonight's episode was actually hilarious! This series seems to be getting better as it goes on.

"Your brother just brushed his teeth with Don's penis"

Classic

Yep, another great ep. It's back to being my favourite comedy on TV at the moment.

Forgot this was on last night. Bum.

This series has really grown on me after a shaky start. A good episode last night, although the final act blow job did remind me of the Peep Show incident involving Superhans.

Abso-fricking-lutely hilarious episode. Can't believe that this is the same sitcom that premiered so lukewarm 12 months ago!

Quote: Aaron @ October 7 2009, 12:46 PM BST

Abso-fricking-lutely hilarious episode. Can't believe that this is the same sitcom that premiered so lukewarm 12 months ago!

Proof that sometimes shows can develop and improve if given half a chance. And hats off to the makers of this one for looking critically at their own sitcom, seeing what worked and what didn't, and evolving. Hats off.

I like the show, but I find this to be a major distraction:

Laura Haddock is so fanciable that I'm too busy looking at her and my mind wanders away from the comedy. This is to be expected, I suppose, since comedians have always made themselves look weird or ugly for comic effect, so it stands to reason that to be cute and beautiful might negate the comedy, although if she were to do or say things which were absurd for one so attractive, I'm sure it would be very funny. (However, she plays the 'straight man' to an extent, so her role isn't to make gags.)

Quote: Nogget @ October 7 2009, 1:17 PM BST

However, she plays the 'straight man' to an extent, so her role isn't to make gags.

I'd make her gag! Hey? Hey? Gag-reflex and that! Hey? Hey? He...Oh, f**k off!

Anyway...

Great episode for the second week running. The Thick Of It will have to be on bloody good form to stop me voting this 'Best Returning Comedy' in the BCG Awards 2009. I think it edges Peep Show because it's actually a lot better than the first series (which I still enjoyed), whereas PS is 'only'(!) 'as good as ever'!

Dan

Quote: Nogget @ October 7 2009, 1:17 PM BST

I like the show, but I find this to be a major distraction:

Laura Haddock is so fanciable that I'm too busy looking at her and my mind wanders away from the comedy. This is to be expected, I suppose, since comedians have always made themselves look weird or ugly for comic effect, so it stands to reason that to be cute and beautiful might negate the comedy, although if she were to do or say things which were absurd for one so attractive, I'm sure it would be very funny. (However, she plays the 'straight man' to an extent, so her role isn't to make gags.)

Not sure I'd agree with this - what about 'The Good Life' and FK? To be honest, this response is just an excuse to post another pic.

Quote: swerytd @ October 7 2009, 3:58 PM BST

Anyway...

Great episode for the second week running. The Thick Of It will have to be on bloody good form to stop me voting this 'Best Returning Comedy' in the BCG Awards 2009. I think it edges Peep Show because it's actually a lot better than the first series (which I still enjoyed), whereas PS is 'only'(!) 'as good as ever'!

Dan

True. :)

Quote: swerytd @ October 7 2009, 3:58 PM BST

I think it edges Peep Show because it's actually a lot better than the first series (which I still enjoyed), whereas PS is 'only'(!) 'as good as ever'!

Dan

I really like this show, but wash your mouth out Dan!

It'll be good to encourage more comedies to get better each series and this is a good example of that.