Not Going Out - Series 1 Page 9

That was something I was really worried about at first, Leevil. In fact, I really didn't like the first episode as I found it was way too fake and exactly like that.

However, I caught it purely by chance on the third episode and was hooked. Don't know whether it toned down or I had been over-sensitive or what, but it just 'worked'. Didn't feel fake in that way, didn't feel overloading. Just very, very funny.

And more than happy Andrew and Lee have a recommission. Well done guys! :D

Good news - I really enjoyed this. Encouraging that they can recommission funny stuff as well as shite. Bit worried about Tim Vine being on Celebrity Fame Academy though... his songs are an acquired taste

Quote: Aaron @ February 27, 2007, 12:49 AM

That was something I was really worried about at first, Leevil. In fact, I really didn't like the first episode as I found it was way too fake and exactly like that.

My thoughts exactly, I’m happy to see it got a new series it will give me and the actors more time to feel comfortable with the characters.

Congratulations to Andrew

it was quite good, the first series. if youve seen either lee mack or tim vine do stand-up routines though, youll have heard chunks of this material before, which makes it feel a little lazy. still, as traditional comedians i cant think of two i like better, they do a good job of sharp, accessible comedy.

Not Going Out has won the 2007 Situation Comedy Rose D'Or! Story here.

Congrats to Andrew and Lee! :)

well done to them for winning this award, very deserved in my book and i look forward to series two

You actually mean they beat 'After You've Gone?'
:S

Quote: Ed Parnell @ May 14, 2007, 10:54 AM

You actually mean they beat 'After You've Gone?'
:S

After You've Gone wasn't nominated. Not Going Out beat some pretty respected international comedies: Alle lieben Jimmy, Dr. Psycho, Legit, The Lighthouse, Little Mosque on the Prairie, The Royle Family, The Thick Of It, Turkisch fur Anfanger

The Golden Rose is one of the top four awards a British comedy can pick up IMHO (the other three being British Comedy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe)

I watched this tonight and really enjoyed it. It was just silly fun, I've been a bit pissed off tonight, but it really helped me chill out.

I'll be watching next week now.

I really enjoyed last nights. I think i remember only watching the 1st episode and maybe some of the 2nd when it was first on.

Yeah same with me, watched the first episode and didn't think much of it.

Erm... Is anyone else a little bit in love with Lee Mack, now?

Apart from being a great comic, I love the little bits of 'I'm in love with her but I can't say' acting he does in this series.

Last repeat tonight. : (

How long d'you think the next series will take to come?.... Huh?

The next series is not actually that far away... It'll be shown this October / November time if they have it edited in time. If not it should be December / Jan.

Watched it tonight and there were some very funny lines and obviously some aimed at the fact she's a yank. The thing is she is such a terrible actress. Her voice is really infuriating.