The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 372

Quote: Ben @ June 4 2012, 10:43 PM BST

England are going to balls it up again. I can see Roy's depressed look already. Why oh why oh why?

Roy constantly looks depressed and forlorn.

But, you're right.

Disaster lies ahead.

BOTTOM OF THE GROUP.

Well I was thinking of one through UEFA: http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/

Code is: 176792-62635 for anyone that's interested.

Not to steal your thunder TopBanana... Always room for 2 :)

Quote: Ben @ June 4 2012, 10:43 PM BST

England are going to balls it up again. I can see Roy's depressed look already. Why oh why oh why?

Look! They'll take inspiration from Chelsea.

Nobody expects them to do well this year so they've nothing to lose! Consequently we'll win it like Greece did in 2004.

If Gerrard, Rooney and Cole can inspire the newer boys like Young and Wellbeck to play well then I think we'll do well, so I'll go for a rare England final. Tough first game v in form France without Rooney, so I expect a dull defensive draw is in Hodgson's mind. France will have already banked on win so that'll upset them.

Quote: Goose24 @ June 4 2012, 11:06 PM BST

Well I was thinking of one through UEFA: http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/

Code is: 176792-62635 for anyone that's interested.

Not to steal your thunder TopBanana... Always room for 2 :)

Cheers Goose, I've joined this league, as it's pretty similar to the Premier League FF (and I'm not a great fan of the currant bun).

A decent site here for info regarding expected line-ups etc:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 5 2012, 12:33 AM BST

(Hmmmm.. Kroos or Strootman? Decisions decisions..)

Both have a good chance of not starting. Holland have Van Bommel as captain and going with De Jong for more experience. Germany have Sweinstager defiantly starting with a good chance of Khedira starting beside him.

Quote: Jamey @ June 6 2012, 11:10 PM BST

Germany have Sweinstager defiantly starting with a good chance of Khedira starting beside him.

I'd be defiant too if Khedira was starting beside me.

Better than starting behind him anyway.

I hate opening ceremonies.

:O I can't bear penalties. I actually have to hide behind a cushion, or a person if in pub.

Aw, that replay of Szczesny watching in corridor was very sweet

It's gonna be a crazy few weeks if all the refs are like this one.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 8 2012, 6:32 PM BST

It's gonna be a crazy few weeks if all the refs are like this one.

He had a mare in the first half. Worst performance of the game had to go to Samaras though. Atrocious.

Really have to start pacing myself with the matches, don't want to get overloaded / jaded by too much football too quickly.

I've also realised that I can't watch a game without immediately siding with one team based on a whole slew of bizarre factors - such as if they have Arsenal players in the squad or if they have decent haircuts.

For no reason whatsoever, I will be rooting for Czech against the Russians.

Exciting first match though. Bring on the Russia v Czech! :D

I shall also be cheering on the Czechs as my friend is married to one.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 8 2012, 7:05 PM BST

Really have to start pacing myself with the matches, don't want to get overloaded / jaded by too much football too quickly.

I've also realised that I can't watch a game without immediately siding with one team based on a whole slew of bizarre factors - such as if they have Arsenal players in the squad or if they have decent haircuts.

For no reason whatsoever, I will be rooting for Czech against the Russians.

I hate seeing the Arsenal lads sad, but I also hate seeing them injured. Would be quite nice to watch a tournament without wincing every time someone goes near one of our players. Good old shoy Poland v Greece ref, saving our goalie's legs for another match :D

I have a bet on Czech Republic to win the tournament, so you should support them cos I'll buy you a pint with my winnings if it happens.

Quote: AJGO @ June 8 2012, 7:14 PM BST

I have a bet on Czech Republic to win the tournament, so you should support them cos I'll buy you a pint with my winnings if it happens.

Woot! \0/ Go Czechers!