The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 375

Quote: Jamey @ June 9 2012, 10:18 PM BST

You are right, certainly these forums, your post and the couple after it have shown me that so long as you can be creative and funny with your insults you can make fun of anything.

I'm so proud of us

Quote: Jamey @ June 9 2012, 10:18 PM BST

I actually did "lol" at the Arshavin comment. Have you seen Gotze though

Oh FFS :D
It was rather sad to realise that when watching football I no longer ever thought of a player 'I definitely would' but instead 'He looks a nice young man, I'd like to make him sandwiches'

Can people shut up about Rio Ferdinand soon please.

If they'd have called him up after Cahills injury he may have had to take a drugs test.
And we can't afford to have anyone shopping for five days while he cleanses his system out allegedly.

What are you saying Steve?

;)

He's slow, he's been injured a lot and hasn't played so much. Nuff said.

Well whatever you believe the real truth is, Hodge has certainly started with a bump, he may be bilingual but a great communicator he is not. There seems a shade of secretiveness about him which the tabloids will love. He has given them some ammunition should England do badly.

Holland were woeful, but now their games should be even more entertaining and open, the next one should be a cracker.

Unfortunately the Russian fans are not as attractive as their football and unless the bad ones are sent home very quickly, they may bring Russia's stay to a premature end. EUFA, Russia, maybe the Polish Govt have to act extremely firmly now or this tournament risks being ruined by the thugs. My own guess is Putin will ask for them to be expelled from Poland now, knowing Russia have a lucrative World Cup tournament to lose. Putin is not a softie in these matters, he'll send the KGB in to get them if he can, and perhaps show other PMs the right way to deal with thugs who tarnish your nation's image.

This is a joke, right? Nobody will be sent home or withdraw due to the actions of 30 people.

And Holland were woeful? Apart from scoring, they were great!

Apart from those 30 people maybe. If it stops now, including the racist chanting then there'll be no problem. But if the home Polish fans seek reprisals against their hated Russian foes then it could all blow up right in front of the media and TV cameras. That is the big fear, and the likelyhood that the fanatic fringe Poland thug-fans will not respond to the challenge put down by the fringe Russian thugs is very extremely low, in my mind. This is the old eastern bloc part of Europe, and I believe the naive idiots of EUFA may regret their decision to host the Euros here. I hope not, but we'll see.

Woeful. 'Apart from scoring' But I'm afraid the point is to score. They missed 29 times. That to me, and I'm sure to them, is woeful. Van Persie was spectacularly bad and the hugely over rated little Robben looked like an overwound little clockwork chicken who couldn't stop blindly running into people. He's also very selfish and when so few of his many shots go in, you wondwr why.

When it comes to racism, we'll definitely know one way or the other after the France vs England game. I think out of all of the teams in the tournament, we and the Frogs have the highest percentage of black players.

My biggest fear is that England's reputation goes before us and the hooligan elements in Poland and Ukraine will fancy having a pop at our fans.

As for the tournament itself, we've only had a handful of the opening games so far and everyone's moaning about the lack of quality. But it is always thus, even in the Premiership where teams like Blackpool have been top of the table early on. Once it kicks in properly, we'll see some great football.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 10 2012, 2:36 PM BST

When it comes to racism, we'll definitely know one way or the other after the France vs England game. I think out of all of the teams in the tournament, we and the Frogs have the highest percentage of black players.

My biggest fear is that England's reputation goes before us and the hooligan elements in Poland and Ukraine will fancy having a pop at our fans.

As for the tournament itself, we've only had a handful of the opening games so far and everyone's moaning about the lack of quality. But it is always thus, even in the Premiership where teams like Blackpool have been top of the table early on. Once it kicks in properly, we'll see some great football.

True that opening games are often patchy, but I'm not moaning; Poland v Greece was mental, Russia v Czech Rep was most entertaining, Netherlands were a joy to watch, only 'The Big Match' of Germany v Portugal I've been bored by!

Wish Balotelli was less of an idiot, I completely support his statement of saying he'll walk off the pitch if he gets racial abuse, and Platini handled that so badly- and because it's Balotelli it's easy for people to not criticise Platini because any sane person reads a Balotelli statement waiting to laugh.

Not the best of starts for the Republic of Ireland. :/

Ah FFS...c'mon Ireland.

This commmentator on itv is atrocious

Can't stop spitting out cliches every other sentence

And why is he telling us about a goal Modrick scored against Newcastle about 4 years ago?

F**kwit

May as well get a robot to do the job

Robbie Keane is a mouthy tosser

Get on with the game ffs

Not looking great for Ireland

Nope, but still time yet.

Poor Shay.