The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 371

Quote: Badge @ May 29 2012, 1:15 AM BST

You are aware John Terry's IN the squad?

Ah - but in the words of Dusty - Nothing has been proved!

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 31 2012, 3:08 PM BST

Rodgers to Liverpool, surely soon to be followed by Sinclair (+ Dyer & ?)

That is actually quite a scary thought, Sinclair could really step up at Liverpool. Know anything about Joe Allen. Wouldn't mind him at United.

I was thinking about Carroll under Rogers. Surely there is no place for Carroll at all if Rogers wants to play the style of football he believes in?

Does he not play with Strikers?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 31 2012, 9:18 PM BST

You mean in the eyes of the media?

Because the eyes of the cognoscenti (me and some homies) spotted him when he was sixteen. He is shit hot... and was from a young teenager..

..if only he were at Euro 2012.

Well in the media as in match of the day, I have only ever read articles about Siggurdsson or Allen, never seen one about Sinclair. I have only really seen him play a full games against United, I still think he is good.

I have honestly never read anything suggesting he should be at the Euros.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 31 2012, 7:22 PM BST

Does he not play with Strikers?

I meant the "tike taka" football (a phrase he himself uses)that doesn't included long balls and very rarely includes high crosses.

Quote: Jamey @ May 31 2012, 6:30 PM BST

I was thinking about Carroll under Rogers. Surely there is no place for Carroll at all if Rogers wants to play the style of football he believes in?

Carroll's a decent player: good with the ball at his feet, master of a few tricks. He isn't Tony Cascarino 2.0.

Are you a Palace fan, Stylee?

Me too. Get to many games? I usually sit in the Family Stand or the Arthur Wait.

:)

Forgive me if this has been brought up in this thread, but I can't really look through every page...

Has a Euro's Fantasy Football League been started for the BCG?

If not, then I'd be happy to start one up and set up a thread for it.

Go for it Goosey.

Hiya - not wishing to steal your thunder, Goosey, but I was just about to post details of one for us to use!

DreamTeamFC.com

League name: Twit League

Password: nobbydancing

Pin: 110570

This may be a slightly different one to Goosey's - it's for players, rather than predicting results. So, maybe we can have the two.....?

All are welcome! Even Aaron!

;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18308363

Brilliant!

Quote: TopBanana @ June 2 2012, 12:10 PM BST

Hiya - not wishing to steal your thunder, Goosey, but I was just about to post details of one for us to use!

DreamTeamFC.com

League name: Twit League

Password: nobbydancing

Pin: 110570

This may be a slightly different one to Goosey's - it's for players, rather than predicting results. So, maybe we can have the two.....?

All are welcome! Even Aaron!

;-)

The Sun one might not prove popular with our Liverpool supporting members, another option would be here if needed:

http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/

England are going to balls it up again. I can see Roy's depressed look already. Why oh why oh why?

Quote: Ben @ June 4 2012, 10:43 PM BST

England are going to balls it up again. I can see Roy's depressed look already. Why oh why oh why?

They're not going to balls it up at all !

God dictated long ago that England must win every competition that they enter for.

It's not God's fault if some Johnny Foreigner keeps thwarting the Divine Plan.