The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 370

Quote: Lazzard @ May 27 2012, 1:17 PM BST

I thought it was woeful.

You know a game is bad when half way through, you stop paying attention and have an in depth conversation about Roachford's Cuddly Toy with your mates.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 27 2012, 2:26 PM BST

Hmmmm.. maybe Roy should pick some players who can attack? And a central striker?

He has no shortage of attacking players, but if they aren't getting the service from the go backwards, no imagination DMs, then there's not much they can do. It's just the tactics that need to change.

Hodgson out.

I only caught the second half. I presume the first half wasn't just long balls up to Carroll?

Quote: don rushmore @ May 27 2012, 3:01 PM BST

Hodgson out.

Yeah, who does he think he is winning his first game in charge? What a scummer.

Angry

Hodgson back in.

Quote: don rushmore @ May 26 2012, 12:07 AM BST

What's a shoy?

No idea. I can't remember what I meant. Maybe Shit. (Yes - they're next to them on the keyboard and it's probably safer in case Barton happens to look on here.)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 26 2012, 8:26 PM BST

I quite like Englands Kit but why not wear white.
There's no clash with that.

They've got to justify its existence by wearing it more than once.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 27 2012, 12:42 PM BST

Speaking of Keepers, Rob Green has no concept of counter attacking. Every time he picked up the ball from a Norwegian corner, he kept hold of it for the full 11 seconds instead of chucking it out quickly to the few England players that went belting forward.

As an ex-referee I thought it was 7 seconds so he should've been penalised. Not that I watched it because I can't be arsed with international friendlies.

Quote: Chappers @ May 27 2012, 11:56 PM BST

No idea. I can't remember what I meant. Maybe Shit. (Yes - they're next to them on the keyboard and it's probably safer in case Barton happens to look on here.)

I hereby put forward the motion to get'shoy' added to the dictionary. It means shit. As in "Give me a second series, you shoy", or "This England performance is absolute shoy"

Good news: Barry out of Euros.

Bad news: Gerrard/Lampard partnership back on!

Hodgson: 'Of course it can work. I am happy to give them a chance. I can't really see any reason why they can't play together.'

Shoy. :(

Good to see Hodgson reads this thread and has acknowledged he had too many midfielders in his squad - and that his stand-by midfielder option was a bit shoy.

Milner - Gerrard would be sound I think.

Carrick Gerrard would be better but I guess Roy wasn't prepared to go back and ask since Carrick refused a place in the stand-by list.

You are aware John Terry's IN the squad?

Okay

I didn't see it. Sorry. Apologies for my inappropriate flippancy. As you were, folks.

Sounds like Panorama doing what it should then.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 29 2012, 1:12 AM BST

This following comment may go down like a bag of hammers, but having just watched the latest BBC Panorama on racism and the far right in Poland and the Ukraine, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about our participation in Euro 2012.

You have to wonder how a major European competition can be held in countries that the government consider too dangerous for pretty much anyone who isn't white.