The Apprentice - Series 5 Page 13

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2009, 9:47 AM BST

I'm glad James escaped the axe. Although I think all three in the boardroom were great entertainment value for the series. That said, Ben was a bit of a reptile-eyed twat. And when will people realise that arrogance is such an unattractive quality.

They had to keep James for next weeks TV challenge. Far too much possible entertainment value to let him miss that.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 21 2009, 9:55 AM BST

They had to keep James for next weeks TV challenge. Far too much possible entertainment value to let him miss that.

That does look good.

What I'm less happy about is this plan for a Junior Apprentice next year. Seems like a bit gimmicky to me.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2009, 10:03 AM BST

That does look good.

What I'm less happy about is this plan for a Junior Apprentice next year. Seems like a bit gimmicky to me.

Junior Apprentice? That sounds eff you see kay - ing awful! I thought they already a sort of kiddie version on CBBC, hosted by one of the previous Apprentice candidates?

I'd love it if they couldn't convince the kids SirAlan was not actually Teddy Ruxpin.

By the way did anyone see the bit where Nick was looking at those 2 meaty birds streching their sacral bones in the birthing pool.

He gave them a look worthy of Sid James.

Me thinks Nick like's 'em large and in charge.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 21 2009, 10:10 AM BST

Junior Apprentice? That sounds eff you see kay - ing awful! I thought they already a sort of kiddie version on CBBC, hosted by one of the previous Apprentice candidates?

Yoo're right, there is. I think this is with 16 and 17 year olds. But I don't see that it can work because they can't fully stitch them up in the edit otherwise they'll be accused of exploiting young people.

Oh and respect to SirAllan for bigging up the JLGB!

I hated Ben like the plague, but I was a bit gutted we won't now see him being mercilessly ripped apart by the interviewers. That was potentially comedy gold.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ May 21 2009, 10:38 AM BST

I hated Ben like the plague, but I was a bit gutted we won't now see him being mercilessly ripped apart by the interviewers. That was potentially comedy gold.

Dan

That's what I mean, all three potential sackees last night were great entertainment value.

I ahve to say Ben was such a dick he may actually have given me a veruca watching him.

I hope the army draft him now.

He did come across as slightly more human on the Adrian Chiles show that followed.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2009, 10:54 AM BST

He did come across as slightly more human on the Adrian Chiles show that followed.

Was Adrian Chiles as bored and fed up as he usually is when he presents stuff.

Quote: Gavin @ May 21 2009, 11:00 AM BST

Was Adrian Chiles as bored and fed up as he usually is when he presents stuff.

:D But that's his schtick!!

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2009, 10:54 AM BST

Slightly. I got the feeling he'd realised what a cock he been and tried to play down the fact that he is actually a cock. Only partially successful in my humble but utterly correct opinion.

Quote: Rob H @ May 21 2009, 11:02 AM BST

Slightly. I got the feeling he'd realised what a cock he been and tried to play down the fact that he is actually a cock. Only partially successful in my humble but utterly correct opinion.

Definitely. And by the time they all appear on the Adrian Chiles show they've had months of seeing how they come across on TV, and can try and limit the damage as much as possible. He still came across as a twat, just a slightly more self-aware one.

Quote: swerytd @ May 21 2009, 10:38 AM BST

Dan

I was praying he'd get to the penultimate week. They'd have ripped his head off and shat down his neck.

And James will be comedy gold next week. The clip they showed at the end of last night's 'You're Fired...', where he's on air saying 'you're yanking my chain', has set it up a treat.