The Sitcom Project

The aim of this project is to gather a team of writers to write a sitcom (Well Duh!).

Not to take anything away from The Sketch Project, which I'm sure has the intention of eventually submitting to tv. The Sitcom Project is more about fun and practice.

So if you've read my other thread with a similar idea, forget that one, it's been thrown out of the window as far as I'm concerned.

I want this to be as simple, easy and as fun as possible.

So if your interested, sign up here and post some ideas on how to organize it.

Here's a basic idea I have, is it any good?

1. Gather a team of writers.
2. Assign jobs (Head Writer, Editor, Proofreader, Tea maker, ect).
3. Decide a theme (or premise;)) for the show.
4. Create Characters.
5. Create World.
6. Write a Plot.
7. Rest.

I'm guessing there will be about 6-7 of us, so I was thinking we each get to be in charge of an episode each? That way we all get to feel a bigger contribution.

I think having around about 6 writers is enough, but just sign up if you're interested. And we'll see where is goes from here.

Thanks.

Current Writers;

• Leevil
  • Gavin
  • Scott Evans
  • earman2009
  • David Chapman
  • charley rance
  • Croydesponger
  • Martin Holmes

Script Editor;

• SlagA

If you can think of any other useful jobs that you'd like to do or you think we just need, then please let me know.

If you want an editor, I'll gladly edit it but I can't write as I have a lot of other things going.

You have my Axe!!!!
...Yeah I've just been watching Lord of the rings....am I failing the audition!!! nooo take me....

(Deep Breath)
I can be a writer if you'll have me

Nice one SlagA, I'm guessing most people would prefer to concentrate more on the writing, so anyone else who wants to chip in with the other parts of the process is gladly welcome.

Gavin and everyone else, I think we'll all be writing, but just have a think at how much you can contribute. For example, would you want to head write a whole episode or just chip in with ideas?

I always enjoy group projects and I like to think I have some strong material to throw into the hat so count me in

Everyone is welcome to contribute ideas and will be credited. But the lead writers make the decisions.

So I don’t know all the technical terms, but please try to bare with me. I was thinking of something along the lines of this...

HEAD WRITER - Leevil
HEAD SCRIPT EDITOR - SlagA

EPISODE 1.
WRITER 1 - Gavin
WRITER 2 - Scott Evans

EPISODE 2.
WRITER 1 - ?
WRITER 2 - ?

EPISODE 3.
WRITER 1 - ?
WRITER 2 - ?

EPISODE 4.
WRITER 1 - ?
WRITER 2 - ?

EPISODE 5.
WRITER 1 - ?
WRITER 2 - ?

EPISODE 6.
WRITER 1 - ?
WRITER 2 - ?

Assign two writers to be in charge of an episode. This is just an example as we'll work out the details of who works with who later.

I want everyone to contribute to what happens in each episode and throughout the series, but the lead writers decide what stays in.

I'm thinking we should also be deciding a theme for the show and what type of show it's going to be.

But of course I'm getting ahead of myself and I'll wait for more people to sign up.

Does the head writer have an idea for a show that we can start accumulating ideas for or should we start throwing ideas about and take it from there?

Quick idea that comes to mind: The secret news. A team secretly film a town which is unaware for a program but find it rather drab so in the spirit of reality television they start messing with the poor villagers lives and the poor sods don't know what the hell is happening!

You can start thinking about ideas, but lets wait to see how many people sign up first.

I like your idea and I can see all the possibilities. But spoofing reality tv has been done a lot. And I personally want nothing to do with reality tv, I don't want to encourage it, if yo know what I mean. I think we should try and focus on something more original.

Lets try and be ahead of the times, like a lot of the great comedies tend to be.

Sign me up as a writer (please Teary).

lol Looks like we're going to be working together again Scott :D

I'll write too if you want. Actually though I say it myself I am a bloody good poof reader - sorry proof reader if you do actually need one.

That's about 6 writers, but I'll just give the chance for others to sign up.

If you dont mind a lady's input and are ok with my writing style, count me in.

We don't mind a lady's but I think we'd prefer Charley's.

yay Charley's on board never a party without a glamour gal of the writing Forum :D...Yeah I been drinking a little...what of it :D